collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics  (Read 211068 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: New technical kit partnership announced - LUKE 1977 & Fanatics
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2018, 11:52:37 PM »
From the OS

We promised that the three-way partnership with Luke 1977 and Fanatics was not only ground-breaking but would also put our fans first.

As well as listening to supporter sentiment on the actual design – including the introduction of a more traditional claret – we have also lowered prices for the new products when compared to last season.

The adult shirt will be retailing at £50 – which is a saving of £5.

The kids top is £40 – again a reduction of £5.

The kids full kit is £70, which will save you £10.

Our infant kit is £35 while the baby kit is £30 – both are reduced by £5.

£50 instead of £55.

£70 for a kid's kit and £30 for a baby one.

Jesus Christ, that really is 'putting the fans first' isn't it?

I stand corrected. I hadn't realised what an ignorant prick I'd been failing to appreciate just how beneficial this new kit deal was to me!!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #676 on: July 11, 2018, 12:47:13 AM »
I bought one last year in my size for £16. I felt like I’d stolen it!!!

Dart Player size?

Offline mshurst

« Reply #677 on: July 11, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »
OS has confirmed they will be releasing a third kit in a few weeks time.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/07/10/new-kits-2018-19-5-things

Personally, I think the new kit is great.

For years Villa has been the same as every other team in every other league and had a cookie-cutter kit from a template (perhaps with the exception of Macron, although their kit was terrible quality). The club has strayed away from that and is now looking at different ideas.

We should be delighted that we have a Villa fan designing our kits and that each year we are going to get something truly unique to our fantastic club, something that isn't pulled out of a template and had a few minor design tweaks or just had the colours changed.

I'm looking forward with this. Let's see how the deal with Fanatics goes and whether the quality of the kit is as good as it should be.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #678 on: July 11, 2018, 01:31:30 PM »
A Villa fan that does not realize we play in a claret shirt with light blue sleeves.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #679 on: July 11, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »
A Villa fan that does not realize we play in a claret shirt with light blue sleeves.

So have we always played in claret shirts with light blue sleeves?

Villa kits history
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:06:27 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #680 on: July 11, 2018, 02:18:28 PM »
We have in every year since our early seasons, except when we have had rubbish shirts, such as the one we are now lumbered with.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2018, 02:22:54 PM »
We have in every year since our early seasons, except when we have had rubbish shirts, such as the one we are now lumbered with.

The point is we haven’t always played in what is considered our traditional kit. And there has been a number of instances since the 70’s where we haven’t played in blue sleeves. This is another year we won’t. I don’t see the big deal.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »
I like the look of it, justhopeit’sgood quality and I”m glad we’re not just a tem
Was the Muller striped shirt of the 1994 vintage rubbish then ? I don’t think so, often we remember them for how good or bad the team were that wore them IMO.I like the look of the new one, I’m glad we’re not just a template of any other club kit . I just hope the quality is good and that as we’re  doing this in-house the club are getting a greater share of the revenues ... as it appears we need them👍

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »

The point is we haven’t always played in what is considered our traditional kit. And there has been a number of instances since the 70’s where we haven’t played in blue sleeves. This is another year we won’t. I don’t see the big deal.

No we haven't always played in our traditional strip. In quite a few years, we have massively fucked it up. Like this year.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2018, 02:47:18 PM »

No we haven't always played in our traditional strip. In quite a few years, we have massively fucked it up. Like this year.

So you've just contradicted your statement about having played claret shirts and blue sleeves every year since our early seasons. In your opinion it's fucked up. A lot of people will love it, will buy it, or simply will fall a long way short even if they don't love it of considering it fucked up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:51:48 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »
Crikey, some people like it some dont. Personally love both kits and if the kits were plain claret body and blue sleeves every year I would feel more conned with granny buying 3 every year!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »

So you've just contradicted your statement about having played claret shirts and blue sleeves every year since our early seasons. In your opinion it's fucked up. A lot of people will love it, will buy it, or simply will fall a long way short even if they don't love it of considering it fucked up.

Ermmm... no, I haven't. I've reinforced the view I already stated and have highlighted in bold for your convenience.

As for "in your opinion", well, obviously. It's a discussion forum. If I was giving someone else's view I would say so.

Lots of people will love it, I'm sure. However, I think there is an element of Emperor's New Clothes about it and people are determined to like it as it is produced by a Villa fan and a  "designer".

People went mad when Macron produced a shirt including what they considered to be just slightly the incorrect shade. They'd have gone mental if they'd have done the sleeves in a completely different colour.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:12:53 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Archie

« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2018, 11:13:23 PM »

This.
In my opinion dreadful.
Macron and Under Armour were giants in comparison....

PS Mr Luke, look at these proper Villa kits.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #688 on: July 11, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Good on you Archie.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #689 on: July 12, 2018, 02:16:05 AM »

So have we always played in claret shirts with light blue sleeves?

Villa kits history

The home kits section of that link shows that since we settled on claret and blue, around 1897, there have been only about 12 or 13 versions of the shirt that were not claret body with blue sleeves, out of about 130 seasons.   Most of those were in the 80s and 90s when I suppose tradition began to give way to commercial interests.  I'd say that well over 100 years of playing in claret body with blue sleeves establishes it as some sort of tradition or identifier of the club, one that has been passed down through several generations.  Some things should not be messed with. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal