collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 13308 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2018, 06:00:29 AM »
One thing about this season I was reminded about today is how we generally don't score crap, scrappy goals. Despite some very mixed performances we've scored some absolute crackers this season. Both Grabban's and Lansbury's goal were things of beauty.

Absolutely spot on. What would be your favourite goal of ours this season, mate?

My top 3 would be Hourihane against Blues, Grealish versus Cardiff, and Snodgrass away at Sheff United. All resulted in jubilant living room scenes.

I hope when we all reflect on this season it's not a case of pearls to pigs. Saying that, I believe this squad was too big for our manager. So much talent in a Mickey Mouse league..

I think we just needed a braver, more tactically adept man in charge. Bruce got it spot on against Ipswich, and I was wrong to question his selection. We should have approached more games like we did today.

Still, fingers crossed the season will end in celebration.
wenger will be available next season. I’d take him if we can get him. I learned my lesson about prejudice with Terry this season. Depending on the situation, he would either get this squad out of the championship, or comfortably keep us in the premiership next season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2018, 06:17:09 AM »
We're on our way! We're on our way!

Grabban is a top player in this league.

As comfortable as they come that.

That’s a rubbish chant Ads.

2nd and 3rd verse do need some work. Still, it could be worse, it could be some heavy metal shite.

Or...even worse, it could be an audio book of your posts.

You bought it. I was only cashing in on Christmas. Did you buy my pencil case set too?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2018, 07:15:20 AM »
Some good performances, I thought Onomah finally showed what he can do.

A great win but more than a bit meh.

Bruce has a tough job in picking a team for the play offs, some of the replacement players are doing very well

Offline Damo70

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2018, 08:02:37 AM »
Be good to sneak 3rd. Wouldn't fancy Boro in the 2 legs but the teams scrapping for 6th look shit. In the final I back us to beat anyone.

Boro wouldn't worry me. They are a typical Pulis team, good defensively but not prolific scorers. Also, they are our lucky team. 1981, 1988, 1989.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2018, 08:08:06 AM »
Talksport is an embarrassment.  Brazil is a bumbling wreck, Jim White still shouts, H and J are the most unfunny pairing ever, Durham will have no material once Wenger fucks off.  I quite like Danny Kelly.  Darren Gough is illiterate. Other than that, it's great.

Oh fuck, Mike Parry!  What a complete cock.

I am a big fan of Danny Kelly and H&J. The Two Mikes are good fun in small doses but Mike Parry is a bit of a one trick pony who grates on me after a while.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »
Some good performances, I thought Onomah finally showed what he can do.

A great win but more than a bit meh.

Bruce has a tough job in picking a team for the play offs, some of the replacement players are doing very well

Onomah has been anonymous for most of his time at the Villa but seems to have come good in the last few games.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »
What a brilliant result! I kept checking me phone during a gloriously boozy BBQ in the Sun: and managed several "get in's" & many-a-fist-pump as the goals flew in. Hell, I might even watch the C5 highlights this morning. Yes, really. Oh & a special mention to 'The Edge' - who called it right, despite my glass-half-empty cautiousness. Bravo Sir (and I'll be cheerfully tucking into plenty Humble Pie this arvo). UTV!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »
What a brilliant result! I kept checking me phone during a gloriously boozy BBQ in the Sun: and managed several "get in's" & many-a-fist-pump as the goals flew in. Hell, I might even watch the C5 highlights this morning. Yes, really. Oh & a special mention to 'The Edge' - who called it right, despite my glass-half-empty cautiousness. Bravo Sir (and I'll be cheerfully tucking into plenty Humble Pie this arvo). UTV!
Thanks for the shout out lol I predicted 3-0 but happy to be wrong! We seem to be acquiring the much needed momentum which is so vital for the play offs. UTV
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:19:49 AM by The Edge »

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2018, 08:30:19 AM »
Thanks for the shout out lol I predicted 3-0 but happy to be wrong! We seem to be acquiring the much needed momentum which is so vital for the play offs. UTV

What's the odd goal among friends?!  ;)

Offline achilles

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »
I also raised questions concerning the team selection but ultimately it all came good, which is brilliant but again I think it was more in hope than planned.
It is questionable of just how bad Ipswich were especially when they went down to 10 men or how well we played.
Ipswich are a club in turmoil, the fans wanted McCarthy out so they have got their wish but they are now rudderless!
Personally I think that even the fringe players showed just how good they are and what a strong squad we actually have, which in some respects leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth concerning the position we find ourselves in and where we should be!

Online The Edge

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »

What's the odd goal among friends?!  ;)
Absolutely. Ruined my bet though!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:10:05 PM by The Edge »

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2018, 11:21:48 AM »
"Some of the Ipswich players need to look themselves in the face"

His face looks like it got slapped very hard forty times by The Villa

FTFY ;)

Bloody hell, that's Alan Brazil. I'm off to the Deathwatch Thread.

If anything, he’s lost his looks

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »
chrisw1 is closet Sabbath fan me thinks

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
Good win yesterday. Confidence is building again.

Just wished we could've saved some of the goals for Norwich and one of Hull/Bolton!

Last two games would be really exciting instead of the dead rubbers from our POV.

Online Clampy

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
The first page of the Match Thread make an interesting read.

Some of the comments about the line up were vey amusing. 'Bruce can't help himself' being a particular highlight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal