collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 13309 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
He looks like that because he didn't win the league in 1981.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2018, 10:09:53 PM »
Or his ‘Bon viveur’ lifestyle that makes him the laughing stock of radio on occasion when he misses his show due to being hungover.  A couple of weeks ago he missed his show because of being too pissed after Cheltenham.  Ally McCoist had to do the show on his own.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »
Talksport is an embarrassment.  Brazil is a bumbling wreck, Jim White still shouts, H and J are the most unfunny pairing ever, Durham will have no material once Wenger fucks off.  I quite like Danny Kelly.  Darren Gough is illiterate. Other than that, it's great.

Oh fuck, Mike Parry!  What a complete cock.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2018, 10:55:22 PM »
I quite like H & J.  Jacobs is particularly funny with his Chelsea rants.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2018, 11:14:59 PM »
The 2 mikes are unbearable

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
Watching the goals again, love the Lansbury goal. He plays a cracking ball out to Thor, calls for it as he bursts into the area onto a pinpoint cross flicking it perfectly past the keeper.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »
The 2 mikes are unbearable

Porky makes me laugh with the complete bollocks he spouts.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2018, 11:22:02 PM »
A really good win. Like someone else said, it was very comfortable. Ipswich were absolutely hopeless and it should have been more than four. I hope they sort themselves out because their fans seem a decent bunch who deserve better.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2018, 11:28:05 PM »
We're on our way! We're on our way!

Grabban is a top player in this league.

As comfortable as they come that.

That’s a rubbish chant Ads.

2nd and 3rd verse do need some work. Still, it could be worse, it could be some heavy metal shite.

Or...even worse, it could be an audio book of your posts.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2018, 01:37:35 AM »
Watching the goals again, love the Lansbury goal. He plays a cracking ball out to Thor, calls for it as he bursts into the area onto a pinpoint cross flicking it perfectly past the keeper.

Yes, that was a lovely move and goal. Pleased for Lansbury. There's a player in there, somewhere. Long may it continue.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »
Great confidence from Lansbury to make the run and say exactly where to put it. He's barely featured these last few months and can feel aggrieved given most of our lot in there go missing at various times.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
One thing about this season I was reminded about today is how we generally don't score crap, scrappy goals. Despite some very mixed performances we've scored some absolute crackers this season. Both Grabban's and Lansbury's goal were things of beauty.

Absolutely spot on. What would be your favourite goal of ours this season, mate?

My top 3 would be Hourihane against Blues, Grealish versus Cardiff, and Snodgrass away at Sheff United. All resulted in jubilant living room scenes.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2018, 03:18:15 AM »
One thing about this season I was reminded about today is how we generally don't score crap, scrappy goals. Despite some very mixed performances we've scored some absolute crackers this season. Both Grabban's and Lansbury's goal were things of beauty.

Absolutely spot on. What would be your favourite goal of ours this season, mate?

My top 3 would be Hourihane against Blues, Grealish versus Cardiff, and Snodgrass away at Sheff United. All resulted in jubilant living room scenes.

I hope when we all reflect on this season it's not a case of pearls to pigs. Saying that, I believe this squad was too big for our manager. So much talent in a Mickey Mouse league..

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2018, 03:44:46 AM »

I hope when we all reflect on this season it's not a case of pearls to pigs. Saying that, I believe this squad was too big for our manager. So much talent in a Mickey Mouse league..

I think we just needed a braver, more tactically adept man in charge. Bruce got it spot on against Ipswich, and I was wrong to question his selection. We should have approached more games like we did today.

Still, fingers crossed the season will end in celebration.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2018, 04:02:46 AM »

I think we just needed a braver, more tactically adept man in charge. Bruce got it spot on against Ipswich, and I was wrong to question his selection. We should have approached more games like we did today.

Still, fingers crossed the season will end in celebration.

The players still understand the job to be done. Bruce deserves more than a little credit for that. I've had for months the image of Terry lifting the  trophy at Wembley. Not concerned about the semi. It's all about winning the final that counts. It's his to lose. No excuses.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal