collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The play offs.  (Read 106516 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: The play offs.
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2018, 11:34:27 PM »
Let's say we get to the final, would tickets be  available on general release?
You get 38k minimum so yes they would go to general sale easily. The FA Cup Semi v Chelsea in 2010 went to general with 33k tickets and I think the Liverpool semi in 2015 did aswell.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »
Sounds good. I don't think I can miss this one.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2018, 01:37:20 PM »
I like Derby Cardiff semi final.
Would feel Derby would beat them and games would  be entertaining

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
This might not be popular but I am going to say it. I really dont mind if we go up or not. Yes a club like ours should be in the Prem and yes we will lose some players if we dont go up but I have enjoyed winning games this season. I only get to 1 or 2 games a year but its been a long time since we have been able to look forward to games, expecting to win and score a few goals.

Next year even if we go up and spend a lot of money we are still crossing off features as losses before we even get going.

Dont know if that makes but i dont feel any stress about the playoffs.

I know exactly what you mean.

I've enjoyed this season, and even last far more than the last 5/6 years of our last Premier League run. The only honest reason i want us to get promoted is the money the club need in it's coffers. Personally i wont be bothered one bit if we're still where we are next season. I just don't miss the premier league at all.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about the club either. And going up and floundering around the bottom reaches of the table isn't exactly going to improve our standing with other supporters anyway.

I don't want to go up unless we've got a team that can, with just a few tweaks make a good fist of playing in that league. As it stands we're MILES off having that.

We've not used these last two seasons as a chance to bed in youngsters (youngsters i'm told are good enough) so if we do get promoted you can bet your arse they wont get a look in if we do get promoted. It'll be 'this is no place to bed in kids' ... where is then ?

I'm completely at ease and relaxed with whatever happens next. What will be will be. My season ticket for next season is already paid for regardless.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
We were winning plenty of games in the premier league 8 years ago, it's not impossible to get back to that level seeing what Burnley have done.

Nowhere near 24 mind.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
I'm puzzled as to why so many think we would struggle if/when we return to the Premiership. Take out the top six and you are left with 14 clubs trying to stay up and as only 3 clubs are relegated, that leaves a rump of crap we should easily be able to hold our own against.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
I'm puzzled as to why so many think we would struggle if/when we return to the Premiership. Take out the top six and you are left with 14 clubs trying to stay up and as only 3 clubs are relegated, that leaves a rump of crap we should easily be able to hold our own against.
For me, the challenge would be whether we can staff up with the right number and quality of players to stay up in our first season back. So many of the current crop would not cut it in the top flight that we are going to have to do a major re-structuring.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2018, 09:24:24 PM »
I’m sure this has been covered before, so apologies...but anyone know if the home leg will be covered by our ST?

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2018, 09:26:55 PM »
Nope

Offline ironmaidenmania

« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2018, 09:42:38 PM »
This might not be popular but I am going to say it. I really dont mind if we go up or not. Yes a club like ours should be in the Prem and yes we will lose some players if we dont go up but I have enjoyed winning games this season. I only get to 1 or 2 games a year but its been a long time since we have been able to look forward to games, expecting to win and score a few goals.

Next year even if we go up and spend a lot of money we are still crossing off features as losses before we even get going.

Dont know if that makes but i dont feel any stress about the playoffs.

I know exactly what you mean.

I've enjoyed this season, and even last far more than the last 5/6 years of our last Premier League run. The only honest reason i want us to get promoted is the money the club need in it's coffers. Personally i wont be bothered one bit if we're still where we are next season. I just don't miss the premier league at all.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about the club either. And going up and floundering around the bottom reaches of the table isn't exactly going to improve our standing with other supporters anyway.

I don't want to go up unless we've got a team that can, with just a few tweaks make a good fist of playing in that league. As it stands we're MILES off having that.

We've not used these last two seasons as a chance to bed in youngsters (youngsters i'm told are good enough) so if we do get promoted you can bet your arse they wont get a look in if we do get promoted. It'll be 'this is no place to bed in kids' ... where is then ?

I'm completely at ease and relaxed with whatever happens next. What will be will be. My season ticket for next season is already paid for regardless.

I have to agree. Watching Man City destroy Swansea while still in 1st gear sent shivers down my spine. I've really enjoyed the championship and have not missed PL once. My ST has been renewed regardless and I'm more than happy with whatever we get. A good cup run would be nice though!

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »
I agree with much of the above. I want us to win the games required to get promoted and then decline to go up.

I’ve seen every game at home since relegation and missed three away. It is just so refreshing to know that every single game is potentially winnable. The people I go with have all either renewed or will renew for next season regardless of which league we are in, but see no point in taking half day holidays on Mondays to see heavy defeats in North London , Merseyside or Manchester. In fact other than maybe away to the three survivors of this years PL bottom 6 who can we realistically give a game to away from home?

The only saving grace is there would be less games and there is an away ticket price cap. The flip side of that is smaller allocations.

Stay down and take the cups seriously that will do me.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
We were winning plenty of games in the premier league 8 years ago, it's not impossible to get back to that level seeing what Burnley have done.

Nowhere near 24 mind.

Weren't playing 46 games either.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
Sorry but I can't believe we're seriously discussing the merits of whether or not we really want the club back in the Premier League. The logic of "well, we get to see a lot more wins down here" also applies to League One, League Two, etc. etc. Do we want to see Villa dispatch Fleetwood Town by 7 goals, or potentially compete for real honours and play European football again?

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2018, 10:56:29 PM »

Nowhere near 24 mind.

Weren't playing 46 games either.

Playing Man City probably feels as though you have.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »

Nowhere near 24 mind.

8 more games at this level of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal