collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The play offs.  (Read 106594 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: The play offs.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 08:43:05 AM »
Be surprised if we finish with less than 7. Millwall will either be unable to make the Play Offs or will likely be resting players.

And even if they're not, we'd beat Cardiff lite.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »
I would have snapped your hand off for a play off position before the season started and we did it with 3 games to spare, we might have a few old un's but I'm convinced those old un's in pressure cooker atmospheres will get us over the line and into the premier league.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »
The 27th May is " Trinity Sunday" - another sign?

Finals on the Sat 26th mate

It’s fate

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 10:09:14 AM »
I can’t decide if us having loads of old players is a good thing, for experience, or bad as we’ll be knackered.

Lately we have looked to be running out of steam a bit, although we have a less crowded schedule of matches coming up.
Yes, and ...

... I'm encouraged that over the last 2 games Whelan - one of our older, more knackered players - has played well and with some energy.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:24 AM »
We win our last three. (88)
Fulham win one and draw two. (87)
Cardiff win one, draw two and lose one. (88)

We finish 2nd on goal difference.

Cardiff have Forest and Reading at home and Hull and Derby away. Talk me through what results you think for those games.

This has been our mistake on the other thread - looking at other team's games.
We will not win our last three games.

Why shouldn't the other teams drop sufficient points in their remaining games ? They may or may not, Villa can't influence that I agree.
However the bit I'm really struggling with is saying we will not win our last three games. Not saying we definetely will but why shouldn't we ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
If Fulham up short then they are due a bad run. Ideal time for them to dip now.

Even the woeful Leeds were unfortunate by all accounts against them.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
If Fulham up short then they are due a bad run. Ideal time for them to dip now.

Even the woeful Leeds were unfortunate by all accounts against them.

If Manchester City can have a bit of a late season wobble then Fulham certainly can.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
May 26 1982 Rotterdam Day
May 26 1987 I met the current Mrs VCTM at the Robin Hood
May 26 2018 Villa return back to their rightful place in the top flight

I couldn't tell you the exact date I met my wife, but it was in The Lincoln Poacher in Acocks Green in the summer of 1996.
May 22nd My wife's birthday
May 26th Rotterdam Day/Villa's play off final win
May 30th My son will be 17 this year. He spent his 14th birthday at Wembley with me watching us getting beaten by Arsenal in the FA cup final.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
The only reason I remember the date we met was that it coincided with the anniversary of Rotterdam Day !!!!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
I can’t decide if us having loads of old players is a good thing, for experience, or bad as we’ll be knackered.

Lately we have looked to be running out of steam a bit, although we have a less crowded schedule of matches coming up.

Will have to rotate the team a bit as semi final games are 74 hours apart.

We saw what happened after the Wolves game so hopefully lessons are learned after what will certainly be a tough away first leg.

Offline exigo

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
Be nice to take 3-4,000 to Middlesbrough rather than be restricted to 1,400 at Millwall in the semis.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 11:56:38 AM »
For the playoff final (which I hope we get to, if we don’t miraculously get 2nd!)... what are my chances of getting a ticket given I am not a ST holder and have no booking history? 

Thanks.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
Boro in the semi final followed by Cardiff at Wembley - I've got a good vibe about this - Villa are on the way back !!!!!
Shall I book my hotel for London now?

You could, but only if you don't mind getting dog's abuse when it all goes the shape of a pear. ;)

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2018, 12:04:25 PM »
Be nice to take 3-4,000 to Middlesbrough rather than be restricted to 1,400 at Millwall in the semis.

What's with the away allocation at Scumwall? I'm assuming they only allow visiting supporters in the top tier of the stand - which begs the question: what the Hell's the point of them having seats in the lower portion?! If they can't provide adequate security to ensure the safety of away supporters in both sections, they shouldn't be allowed to hold matches at their shitty ground.

Offline exigo

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

What's with the away allocation at Scumwall? I'm assuming they only allow visiting supporters in the top tier of the stand - which begs the question: what the Hell's the point of them having seats in the lower portion?! If they can't provide adequate security to ensure the safety of away supporters in both sections, they shouldn't be allowed to hold matches at their shitty ground.

The upper tier gives them enough to fulfil their minimum allocation. 1,400 sells out unbelievably quick – I'd got 10 aways this season and got nowhere near it. I'd much rather we had a semi final away with a big allocation, it just seems to lift the team that much more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal