collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The play offs.  (Read 106482 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: The play offs.
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »
Hotel booked and a decent line on a ticket for Charlie if needs be. Bless him, he is only seven so doesn't have too extravagant a bucket list.

Outside of visiting Florida and New York, we could do most in one weekend.

He wants to go to London. On a big train. That goes really fast. We wants to go to Wembley, see the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, the London Eye and Big Ben. And definitely go on a train that goes underground. And if he could have a night in a hotel (but not with his Mom or brother there) then that will cap it off.

He can fuck off with the Harry Potter Studios though. Robbing bastards.
You'd better hope he doesn't get drawn to visiting Roman Baths or the grand cathedrals of England. 'suggested' donation of £8 or you can't come in (Winchester cathedral). Thievery!

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
Hotel booked and a decent line on a ticket for Charlie if needs be. Bless him, he is only seven so doesn't have too extravagant a bucket list.

Outside of visiting Florida and New York, we could do most in one weekend.

He wants to go to London. On a big train. That goes really fast. We wants to go to Wembley, see the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, the London Eye and Big Ben. And definitely go on a train that goes underground. And if he could have a night in a hotel (but not with his Mom or brother there) then that will cap it off.

He can fuck off with the Harry Potter Studios though. Robbing bastards.
You'd better hope he doesn't get drawn to visiting Roman Baths or the grand cathedrals of England. 'suggested' donation of £8 or you can't come in (Winchester cathedral). Thievery!

I read the original post as  hotel booked and a decent line of charlie. I admired your honesty :)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
Footysklilz - you are wonderful !

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2018, 02:58:13 PM »

Isn't he just! Absolutely brilliant fact finding there.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »
Whatever else may influence the play off results you can guarantee one thing....we will be far and away the best supported of all the teams in the play off''s.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »
None of the others will fancy playing us. And rightly so!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
If Cardiff win on Tuesday then I would rest a lot more of our players against Derby and Millwall and prepare for the playoffs.

The wheels are already off at Derby so I expect Cardiff to take full advantage. We should do the same next weekend where I don't expect we'll need to break sweat to beat them comfortably. Millwall should still be in the mix when we play them so a strong defensive exercise could be useful training before Boro away in the first leg.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2018, 07:22:28 PM »
Millwall away at Boro next week.  They will be desperate to beat us after being beaten by the Boro.  Will add some spice and we could stop THEM from being in the play offs. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:59:04 PM by Newby »

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »
If Cardiff win on Tuesday then I would rest a lot more of our players against Derby and Millwall and prepare for the playoffs.

We've earned a 10 point lead over 5th place and guaranteed the second leg at home. Lets use that to our advantage and rest as many as possible.

He rested a few yesterday and I think will do so for the last two

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »
Yep - may as well give jack, Jedinak, Elmo, hourihane, Grabban a bit of a rest

Would also mean the likes of Hutton, taylor, Bjarnason, lansbury, Onomah, hogan or Kodjia can build some form

Thinking about the seemingly inevitable game against boro - the first goal in that tie is going to be crucial. Our record of defending / chasing first goals is so stark. And boro are set up to be the same

We need a plan for Traore and a plan for set pieces. If we can do that I’d fancy us to win

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
Final also worries me...Brentford or Fulham on a wide pitch like Wembley concerns as all season we've not been great at teams which press us in midfield and can move the ball around us quickly.

The pitch dimensions are identical to Villa Park, as is required by UEFA for a Category 4 stadium. 115yds x 75yds (I always think football pitches should be measured in yards).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
Final also worries me...Brentford or Fulham on a wide pitch like Wembley concerns as all season we've not been great at teams which press us in midfield and can move the ball around us quickly.

The pitch dimensions are identical to Villa Park, as is required by UEFA for a Category 4 stadium. 115yds x 75yds (I always think football pitches should be measured in yards).

And having checked:

Riverside:          115 x 75
Craven Cottage: 110 x 75
Griffin Park:        110 x 73
Pride Park:         115 x 75
The New Den:    116 x 75

So I guess the argument would be that Fulham and Brentford are better on smaller pitches with less space. Which should play to our advantage should they be lucky enough to play us in the final.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »

Isn't he just! Absolutely brilliant fact finding there.

It comes with being a villa follower. We are all wonder boys! And girls.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2018, 07:23:37 PM »

Without going back through all the thread has anyone mentioned there are no direct trains from Brum to Euston on play off final day yet ?

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »
Is that definite? I heard a rumour there were some train issues that day but I can't find anything concrete about it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal