collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bodymoor Heath - Now the Recon Training Complex  (Read 18671 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Bodymoor Heath - Now the Recon Training Complex
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »
The plans are interesting. 50m indoor running track, a sandbox (whatever that is) and a whole floor of sports science. I wonder if Deano has been involved in speccing this out?

Sandbox adds resistance to any training undertaken.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2019, 09:53:59 PM »
It looks like this is meeting an immediate need, in that the current facilities simply don't have the capacity to deal with the demand from the first team and academy players simultaneously. I would hope though that it is part of a coherent long term masterplan for the site that seeks to anticipate future needs. The end result of adapting or extending facilities in a piecemeal fashion is never great.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
Screen grab of the proposed plans:

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2019, 11:31:34 AM »
Bodymoor Heath’s gymnasium facilities are said to be “insufficiently large” and as such the club is planning an extension to improve the gym and sports science area

Or too small if you are not Joda ::)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »
The plans are interesting. 50m indoor running track, a sandbox (whatever that is) and a whole floor of sports science. I wonder if Deano has been involved in speccing this out?

I've used sandbox for run training in triathlon. All I can say is, it's evil, the devils work.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »

I've used sandbox for run training in triathlon. All I can say is, it's evil, the devils work.

Resistance training is a big thing at the moment, it's why you see so many pictures of players with the massive elastic band things or harnesses as well, it's fantastic for improving leg drive and lateral movement.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2019, 11:32:42 PM »
https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/07/19/bodymoor-heath-access

Aston Villa would like to advise supporters that we are making important changes to supporter access arrangements at the club’s Bodymoor Heath Training Ground.

Following a full safety review, we can confirm that entrance to the training ground will no longer be available for fans.

The club recently trialled new supporter access arrangements limiting the number of fans who can access Bodymoor Heath to 25 at any particular time.

This followed an initial assessment which raised safety concerns about the number of people both within the training ground and the environs around Bodymoor Heath Road.

Traffic flow numbers - especially of Heavy Goods Vehicles into and out of the facility - have risen markedly in the last year and are expected to increase substantially this season and for the foreseeable future as the HS2 construction project in the current training ground becomes fully operational.

Therefore the club has been advised that it would be inappropriate to maintain the current access arrangements, and furthermore, no access to Bodymoor should be made available to the general public with immediate effect.

Supporters are also advised that parking in the private lane leading up to the training ground will also not be permitted following the same safety advice.

The current matchday opportunities for supporters to collect autographs and take pictures with players as they arrive in the players’ car park will remain for each home game and we are also working on proposals to hold an open training session at Villa Park this season.

The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank supporters in advance for their understanding.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2019, 06:47:33 AM »
That’s not going to go down well with the regular youth team watchers.

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2019, 07:10:04 AM »
Looks like the end of my Saturday mornings at Bodymore.  There aren't many supporters that go and watch as most of the crowd is made up of Players families but there are a few guys that have been watching for 30 years or more.
The club are not interested in the people who support the Academy and Reserves etc, no longer giving out Team sheets and changing kick off times without notice so I shouldn't be surprised at the latest development.

A few of the older fella's only watch the kids as it's free and I suspect they can't stretch to a Season Ticket so they get their Villa fix by attending the Academy games.  We all park in the car park so not sure what the concerns are really.

Oh well !!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2019, 07:51:20 AM »
Plus the access road is as well traffic calmed as is possible, and they cant restrict general freedom to that road as it is also only the only entrance to the well attended nature reserve. Surely they can stretch to issuing permits to a set number of watchers so they can control numbers as they see fit.

One for the Fans Consultation Group thingy.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2019, 08:41:23 AM »
If they're upgrading bodymoor heath anyway, couldn't they alter it to make better provisions for the few spectators at the same time? Block off one pitch by the gates, build a wee 100 seater stand like you'd find in the Midlands Alliance league or something. Know it's not a money spinner but in terms of fan engagement and generally giving the impression to youngsters that were a big enough club that even the training pitch is a bigger ground than they've ever played at ...

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2019, 09:01:37 AM »
We are no longer in same league as Leeds so don’t need to be worried about spying.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »
I agree with you Larry, i feel the club are not interested at all in the few fans who like to watch the reserves and the youth team. It has been getting harder to actually know when they are playing .It all started when we actually last won the reserve league and they played the last vital game against i think it was Fulham and they played it at Bodymoor of a afternoon on a week day .As someone who had seen every home reserve game it was very disappointing  to miss the title clinching game Oh well as you would say

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
Shame for those who like to go and have pics with players as they drive out and get signatures too. No matter what the statement says there will still be opportunity at VP on match days, who wants a pic through iron railings ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal