collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City vs Aston Choking Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 21014 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Norwich City vs Aston Choking Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2018, 10:29:07 AM »
I accept it is a long, hard season in the championship with plenty of midweek games. But it is the same schedule for every team and, if anything we have a bigger and stronger squad than most in this division.
Yep, I don’t hear Fulham complaining.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »
I keep reading about all these fantastic sports science thingymebobs that tell the coaches which players are knackered in training. I don’t know why we bother paying for them as half the team looked tired to me.

It did occur to me if the lack of urgency was related to an early kick off time, but surely all the sports science stuff makes sure their circadian rhythms/body clocks are adjusted a bit to be up and at em a few hours earlier...

I don't read the game from the side of the pitch as well as many, so appreciate others seeing perhaps Snoddy & Albert were just effectively shut down, but we just looked rudderless and the opposite of Klopps pressing game at times. It's so easy to be simplistic, there were tiimes though we did press on, there was a moment before their goal I remember saying to my Dad 'the natives are restless' as they booed a backpass. But we seeemd to work the ball backwards far too often, maybe that's a credit to them? And gave them space from which they conjured up a beauty. The surprised locals then woke up.

I was just disappointed things not working got left so long. Hogan just isn't going to win and hold a long ball up enough is he? Whilst I guess it was a front three in the end and they did switch about, for a period Grabban and Kodjia on wings and little Hogan in the middle just looked silly.

Kodjia as a wide atatcker in a front three is workable but Grabban is no good there but worse is that is seemed Grealish was also play wide so in effect it was some kind of 4-2-4 with the midfield being hopeless.I'm of the opinion that now teams have worked out how to stop the wide players ( Snoddgrass no pace , stop him coming inside /Adomah keep him on left foot) the 2 in midfield doesn't work ..if the 2 wingers and Grealish are forced out of the game by being doubled up on /kicked we need a cm who can bring the ball forward and make things happen ..

Hogan you can see him making smart runs and when we play on the floor he is effective and moving defenders around but then we resort to lumping it and even if he did win it in the air , look around him there is no one close enough to pick the ball up.Also if we want to cross it especially if we are sticking tall strikers on then I'd rather Adomah on right using his pace to get to byline and whip balls in

Offline achilles

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »
Basically, we are a mishmash of a team!

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
One thing I have realised in this division is that we probably do have far more player who are busy on international breaks than most teams. I think that in the Championship, most teams wil have 1 or 2 at most heading off, whereas we probably have nearer to 8 or 9. It does mean that other teams get more of a rest, or and opportunity to train/drill than we do when those 'weekends off' come around.

That said, with the squad we have I would still expect us to be able to cope - although international duty has hit our injury list at times too!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal