collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Attendance Statistics  (Read 7840 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Attendance Statistics
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:28:30 PM »
https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/efl-attendances-part-5/

NFWF - newly found Wolves fans which made me laugh anyway.

Offline Damo70

Re: Attendance Statistics
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »
I love that fact that Morecambe have an average away following of 98. Over a season everyone would get to know each other and it would be like a big gang of mates.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »
I love that fact that Morecambe have an average away following of 98. Over a season everyone would get to know each other and it would be like a big gang of mates.

Although it would also be quite entertaining if it was 98 completely different fans at each away game.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »

Although it would also be quite entertaining if it was 98 completely different fans at each away game.

You mean like Small Heath when they take it in turns covering each other's shifts at the Rover?

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »
Looking at those stats, it's hard to argue against the fact that Leeds probably have the most loyal fans in the country. Despite being 14 seasons out of the Premier League, they are topping the league for away support and also net home support, in a season, where they are presently lying 14th and 12 points off the play offs.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
Looking at those stats, it's hard to argue against the fact that Leeds probably have the most loyal fans in the country. Despite being 14 seasons out of the Premier League, they are topping the league for away support and also net home support, in a season, where they are presently lying 14th and 12 points off the play offs.
Good shout. Although when they were Champs of England in 1992 they averaged under 30,000. A little like Newcastle, Chelsea and Man City (Yes Leeds do have a consistant hardcore) they seem to have found a huge increase of fans post formation of Premiership.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »
Pretty sure they had a reduced capacity due to post-Taylor redevelopment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 06:05:18 PM »
Their home support surged first half of this season as Leeds were going up. Now they're back to being what they've been by and large for half their history.

Big club for sure, but they're a one time club in a huge city in a huge county.

Oh and fuck Leeds.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
As well as being big and having some success in the late sixties and early seventies Leeds were the only top flight Yorkshire club for over a decade. Sheffield United and Huddersfield went down in the early seventies and Sheffield Wednesday spent the entire seventies and first half of the eighties in the second and third divisions. I would guess that all the floating fans from various parts of Yorkshire latched on to Leeds.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 06:19:50 PM by Damo70 »

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 09:53:41 AM »
As well as being big and having some success in the late sixties and early seventies Leeds were the only top flight Yorkshire club for over a decade. Sheffield United and Huddersfield went down in the early seventies and Sheffield Wednesday spent the entire seventies and first half of the eighties in the second and third divisions. I would guess that all the floating fans from various parts of Yorkshire latched on to Leeds.

Would you say the same happened to Villa during our years without a credible local rival being in our division?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 11:41:58 AM »
Made interesting reading thanks for posting.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »

Would you say the same happened to Villa during our years without a credible local rival being in our division?

The fact that we didn't permanently blow away every club within fifty miles is still, to my mind, our biggest failing.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »
I know that there are a lot of Midlands club etc, but with the size of the population it's always surprised me that Villa have struggled to fill the ground more often over the last four decades.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 12:57:17 PM »

I live in West Yorkshire (though an Erdington boy at heart) and tend to agree. It has been Leeds or no-one for many years until some folk decided they had always supported Huddersfield. A few poor souls were Manchester United fans though tended to mutter it quietly.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 03:05:09 PM »

I think each Midland club has it's own areas of support. Without being an expert on Yorkshire I would guess there are towns and villages which don't identify with one particular team and fans from there have probably latched on to a local club like Leeds or Wednesday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal