collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Charlie8182

Re: Millwall
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
I have declined a home end ticket - the one ground I would not contemplate sitting anywhere other than the visitors. Some millwall fans are fine but they have so many oddballs.
I wonder if Harry the dog is still alive? Was it Millwall that used to wear surgical masks?

[/quote

Yes it was them. F Troop and The Halfway Line being their two main mobs.

F-Troop were the main mob.
The Treatment were next in line and wore surgical masks.
The Halfway Line were the youngsters.

Even though from 1977, this makes hilarious viewing!!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 08:46:29 PM »
Panama programme a lot of tosh but believe me they are off beat. When you get in conversation with most fans football is mentioned, with millwall anything but - they definitely have the blues syndrome

Offline Ayup

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »
If you go on the train you'll not see a Millwall fan at closer than 50 yards and that's when you're in the ground.

I've driven twice and parked less than a mile from the ground and not seen an iota of bother or menace. Mind you walking back the last time there wasn't a sausage about.

You recommend London Bridge earlier in the thread and also say you’ve driven twice. We’ve only played at the New Den once so which were the games you went to?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »
If you go on the train you'll not see a Millwall fan at closer than 50 yards and that's when you're in the ground.

I've driven twice and parked less than a mile from the ground and not seen an iota of bother or menace. Mind you walking back the last time there wasn't a sausage about.

You recommend London Bridge earlier in the thread and also say you’ve driven twice. We’ve only played at the New Den once so which were the games you went to?

Maybe he meant the old ground as well which I presume wasn't a million miles away.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
I don't think Ads was old enough to drive the last time we played at the "old" Den.

Offline Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 08:52:21 AM »
I have declined a home end ticket - the one ground I would not contemplate sitting anywhere other than the visitors. Some millwall fans are fine but they have so many oddballs.
I wonder if Harry the dog is still alive? Was it Millwall that used to wear surgical masks?

[/quote

Yes it was them. F Troop and The Halfway Line being their two main mobs.

F-Troop were the main mob.
The Treatment were next in line and wore surgical masks.
The Halfway Line were the youngsters.

Even though from 1977, this makes hilarious viewing!!

Frightening programme at the time  but now looks like a well done parody.

"I lav me mam"
"I won't take it ,specially from a Nooorvveener"

" We never wear colours but the Nooorvveners will know we're Laaandoners " (They were heading for the Bristol home end at the time!)

The BBC should make a reunion episode for those still living.

All the above said the part that remains chilling is the National Front  segment and it's relevance to the far right recruitment tactics today.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 09:14:12 AM »

We drove down when they beat the Albion 1-0 in 2002 and I drove* back in 2013 for the Cup game. Like I say, I've driven down twice.

*From Penrith. Then back to North West in thick snow. It remains possibly the wankiest away game I've ever been too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal