collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Interview with Ian Dimmock - Operations Director  (Read 4838 times)

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Interview with Ian Dimmock - Operations Director
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »
Does somebody genuinely get paid to write that? It reads like a 12 yr olds first attempt at an essay! Better wi-fi so we no longer have to watch the football? 

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 09:11:33 AM »
the "concourse" on the Doug is a health hazard, god forbid a fire alarm.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »

Upper Holte is probably the biggest concourse space in the league.

I feel dirty saying this but due to family connections I was in the Hawthorns on Boxing Day and absolutely no idea what stand I was in (the one opposite the tunnel) and the concourse there was massive. Quite ironic given how few fans they've got, but it put the Lower Holte to shame in that respect.

I was at the goaless draw at The Hawthorns in 2002 and went to the toilets at half time. Under the Smethwick end there were security gates in the middle stopping the Villa and Albion fans mixing. Until some catering guy unlocked them to take some stock from one side to the other and fans from both sides piled in to try to get to each other. In truth it was just a handful from each side trying to throw a few punches at each other until the gates were locked again. When I got back to my seat I heard a guy describing the incident to his mates as if it was world war three. I had to tell the mates I was with that it really hadn't been that big a deal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal