collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Positivity  (Read 27354 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Positivity
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:55 PM »
Which the manager and coaches should see in training etc and use the squad we've expensively assembled.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 06:20:19 PM »
I'm positive we'll finish in the play-offs.

;D ;D

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 06:30:49 PM »
It is 2 courses for a tenner at The Bartons on a Tuesday and we have another couple of Tuesday night home games yet.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 09:45:28 PM »
Looking at the respective teams remaining fixtures, just have a feeling that Fulham will finish second. Sad really as each time we seem to get ourselves in a good position, we then have an inexplicable performance to bring us back down again.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »
O.k positivity....

I reckon we could take Boro, PNE, Brizzle, Cardiff or Derby in two legged play off/one off final.

Fulham's the only one I wouldn't fancy us against in either scenario, we would struggle to contain Sessegnon on the big Wembley pitch and worry with a two legged play off is they'd get a similar score at the Cottage to the league game and we'd find that difficult to overturn at VP.

That said I don't see much chance of us finishing 4th and them 5th (or 3rd-6th) so maybe they'd lose in the other play off like last season when they were highly fancied.

Still lots of football to be played before that scenario happens anyway.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
I'm still positive that we are going up, I'm just not sure how. Automatic or play- offs?

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 10:17:20 PM »
I'm feeling positive because despite the dire set of results last night we're not out of it. We've been in great form this year and being 3rd beats the rest of this decade hands down. On to Bolton and hopefully victory.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »
It is over.
Had the results been reversed (lost to Wolves 3-1 and beat QPR 4-1) would we still have been so negative or much more upbeat? 3 points from 6 was what I expected but not how we achieved it.

Largely irrelevant. The manner of gaining 3 points from 6 doesn’t alter the fact that it’s not enough and there’s now a 7 point gap between us and second. 
Yes absolutely irrelevant. We are not talking about emotional difference here. The fact is Cardiff's form meant we had to win both matches so losing either has the same material difference. We need too many snookers it's out of our hands and the gap is too big. Nothing negative about just plain facts.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45:25 PM »
It is 2 courses for a tenner at The Bartons on a Tuesday and we have another couple of Tuesday night home games yet.
Now that really pisses me off as I will have to eat both courses >:( How can I be positive?

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 10:49:54 PM »
Do you want to bet against us

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:44 AM »
It is over.
Had the results been reversed (lost to Wolves 3-1 and beat QPR 4-1) would we still have been so negative or much more upbeat? 3 points from 6 was what I expected but not how we achieved it.

Largely irrelevant. The manner of gaining 3 points from 6 doesn’t alter the fact that it’s not enough and there’s now a 7 point gap between us and second. 
Yes absolutely irrelevant. We are not talking about emotional difference here. The fact is Cardiff's form meant we had to win both matches so losing either has the same material difference. We need too many snookers it's out of our hands and the gap is too big. Nothing negative about just plain facts.

Still not sure Cardiff have enough to be certainties from this position.  What concerns me about last night is that I'm not sure we have enough to capitalise on any slip ups, especially as we have got a few midweek games coming up and looked so flat and devoid of energy last night.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:49 AM »

Sadly, I absolutely do. And probably will.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 12:52:55 AM »
Yes. Offer me some odds?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 07:23:47 AM »
I have not looked at oddschecker but my back of a fag packet would go 1/20 Wolves, 2/5 Cardiff,  4/6 Fulham, 6/4 Us, 2/1 the field for promotion.  Much for us hinges on when and if we play Fulham in the play offs.  It is Occam's Razor (I think).  Head to head we are in with a good shout against Wolves or Cardiff but they have the points cushion.  Fulham are the bogey.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 07:27:08 AM »
There's much I prefer about this league over the premier league.  It is less pompous, attracts far less empty media dialogue and is more competitive.  I suppose the thing I like most about it is that we win lots of games in it.  So there lies the rub.  I think the fact is that with FFP, we will be less competitive in this league next season, so we *need* to go up, but I won't be crying in my beer if it doesn't happen.   

This is the first season in half a decade that I've enjoyed.  So for that, even if we don't go up, the players and manager largely have my gratitude.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal