collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs QPR Post-Match Thread  (Read 17746 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Aston Villa vs QPR Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2018, 03:36:14 PM »
Success in top level sports depends on small margins, often it's down to who makes the fewest errors.  It's been one of my concerns with Bruce and Bruce's Villa that they too often shoot themselves in the foot and take the wind out of their own sales.  It might be fragile confidence, over confidence, whatever, but some of Bruce's decisions have been plain daft.  Which is why we're often two steps forward, one step back.  It's not over yet because if we can beat Cardiff at home the gap is only 4 points.  That is bridgeable over 8 other games if we can avoid throwing more points away unnecessarily. Big if. Would have been much more doable if beating Cardiff meant a 1 point gap to make up - but then we rarely do things the easy way do we?   

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »
I've woke up calm as can be today. I refused to get carried away after Saturday nights match and i refuse to carried away after this loss.

In fact, you could sense something wasn't right from the moment we got to Villa Park last night. The last caller on WM pre match that i heard was a Villa fan giving it the big un claiming we'd batter em, and i sensed a lot of complacency from other supporters beforehand as well. Have these people not supported us for long or what?

You don't EVER take anything for granted with Aston Villa FC. EVER.

Bruce and the team (not one or the other) have to take full blame for the performance, and we fans have to take the blame for the morgue like atmosphere. I know the happy clapper daytrippers that came out for Blues and the Dogheads were nowhere to be seen but did we do our part? Nah.

I felt we'd spent the last few days since Saturday not looking at QPR or wondering how to play against them to best effect at all. It was like we just turned up thinking lets go again. Well, in my humble you really should be ask questions of the opposition before any game and have a plan to counter their threats. We aren't a good enough side to just turn up and play 'our way' against whoever we're playing on any given day. Just my opinion anyway.

I wasn't criticising the team selection before KO so i'm sure as hell not going to post match either.

It was just a HUGE collective off day. I can't think of a single positive to take from the match. Everyone was way below par so it's best just filed away as forgotten as there's zero to be gained from wallowing in the post match misery.

Onwards to Saturday.

The passage which I have emboldened is right on the money in my view. Just as we payed no attention to the Ginger Pirlo of Brentford for several games, so last night we let Ebere Eze (who?) run the show.  The new Stanley Bowles according to some Hoops fans on the train.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
Ebere Eze did look very good. Walking up to VP I said a dull 1-0, my son said no Dad 3-1, well he was kinda right !

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »
Reminded me of 1990. Beat Spurs two nil to go top and then lost at home to Wimbledon 3 nil the following Saturday
I said the exact thing to the guyvwho sits next to me in the Holte.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »
Reminded me of 1990. Beat Spurs two nil to go top and then lost at home to Wimbledon 3 nil the following Saturday

I said it on the match thread. I'll never forget that Wimbledon game, and Tuesday felt exactly the same - all that hope turning to bewildered horror as everything went wrong and you realised it was going to be one of those days.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »

I said it on the match thread. I'll never forget that Wimbledon game, and Tuesday felt exactly the same - all that hope turning to bewildered horror as everything went wrong and you realised it was going to be one of those days.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »
Ebere Eze did look very good.

His friends call him 'Eze and he is the main geezer
And he'll vibe up the place like no other man could
He's refined, sublime, he makes you feel fine
Though very much maligned and misunderstood
But if you know 'Eze he's a real crowd pleaser
He's ever so good, he's Ebere-Eze Goode

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal