Heroes & Villains > Holte Enders in the Sky

Ginger

(1/6) > >>

Damo70:
I don't think it is my place to put his full name on here but tonight a Villa mad relative of mine (my cousin's husband) left for the game and isn't coming back. He passed away from a heart attack pre match somewhere around Villa Park. He was 62 going on 12. He was like a ginger Peter Pan who never grew up Our whole extended family is in a huge state of shock. His daughter, my god daughter is getting married in the summer. He gave me my first job when I left school, helping him in his haulage business. The help was basically helping him with the loading and unloading and keeping him company on the journeys. Jackson Browne, Van Morrison and Chris De Burgh were usually all on the playlist. The one word that kept cropping up earlier as I made some phone calls to let people know the sad news was people saying what a 'character he was'. From the day he started going out with my cousin and landed in the midst of my rather large family must have been like when they dropped the atom bomb. Quiet and reserved he wasn't. At the time he was also my only Villa ally in the family back them. The first time I saw Bowie was with him, he drove us both to Wembley for The Glass Spider gig. I remember seeing Clapton and Meatloaf with him too. If I have one regret it is not asking him if his story about him having a threesome with two Swedish air stewardess's before the 1971 League Cup final really was true. Considering he would have been fifteen at the time I suspect I have always known the answer. Big personalities leave big gaps. I will miss you cuz.

Axl Rose:
That’s dreadfully sad news Damo. My thoughts are with you and his family.

Legion:
Is this the fan PWS referred to in the pre-match thread? So sorry, mate.

Zouch Villa:
That’s so sad to hear, and puts the evening into true perspective. Sounds like he was a great guy, RIP Ginger.

SteveN:
Very sad news Damo thoughts are with you and the family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version