collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Vintage Press-ing  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Vintage Press-ing
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:32 PM »
Good piece Dave. Nice tribute to a very fair minded person in Sheila too.

If anyone still doubts John Terry's commitment, just have a look at the front page of the Villa website.

Cardiff have a hell of a run of fixtures. No complacency now Villa and we might just sneak it.  Prays!!

Offline Colin B

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »
I'm sorry - but I have to disagree

John Terry was not the defining moment of the game

Jack Grealish - and his accomplished performance was

He was head and shoulders the difference between the two teams

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 01:47:45 AM »

If anyone still doubts John Terry's commitment, just have a look at the front page of the Villa website.

Cardiff have a hell of a run of fixtures. No complacency now Villa and we might just sneak it.  Prays!!

Never mind JT jumping, having been prompted to look through the match pic gallery on the OS, I notice the sky turned a vintage claret and blue again I see!

Having had to do a (nearly successful) Likely Lads avoiding the score watching a recording a couple of hours later, I wasn't there to see it myself, did others notice/photograph?

Very much like my no filter pic that I took from the Holte half-time through beating Chelsea 15/2/14 (memorable as my last match with my old name prior to a 4month ordination retreat in Spain!)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »
Just like our performance on Saturday Dave a brilliant written piece.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »

Yes but as his piece is widely read Mr Woodhall is trying to hide Jack😉

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »
Great read

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »

Never mind JT jumping, having been prompted to look through the match pic gallery on the OS, I notice the sky turned a vintage claret and blue again I see!

Having had to do a (nearly successful) Likely Lads avoiding the score watching a recording a couple of hours later, I wasn't there to see it myself, did others notice/photograph?

Very much like my no filter pic that I took from the Holte half-time through beating Chelsea 15/2/14 (memorable as my last match with my old name prior to a 4month ordination retreat in Spain!)

its funny you mention the sky colour and brilliant pics by the way! I’ve noticed it before at VP and only ever seen it there like that. I went to a match years ago with my mate and he commented that it was a good omen- we went on to beat whoever it was we were playing soundly. I’ve always looked for it as an omen since- and it usually delivers!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »

We said at the time.."it's a sign" that the day would be ours.  It did look quite spiritual as well as spectacular, a B6 aurora borealis not caused by particles emitted from the the sun but by the souls of Villains that have gone before us doing their bit to ensure that the day indeed was ours.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 11:47:40 AM »
Thanks Dave great read, totally agree with your comments about John Terry, I doubt, whether there has been any other player in our history, who has changed the fans view of them so much, from zero to hero.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 02:05:31 PM »
defining moment of the afternoon, as John Terry ran towards the Holte End, bouncing up and down with the sheer joy of another personal triumph. Five Premier League titles, five FA Cups, the Champions League and he still delights in every victory. That’s the mark of a champion

100% true

great piece and the link now between players and fans is a thing of beauty  especially so after all the toxicity that has been around for years

We have our club back

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »
I'd say we're getting our club back but there's a lot to do still.  A big part of the positive attitude is that we're winning, that's clear.  What needs to happen next is that we need to get promoted and show that we're not scared of playing in the top half of the premier league.  There have been a few comments  about happily staying in this league and winning more than we lose but I think that would turn sour quickly, we should expect to be challenging for Europe year after year, that's when the club will be back and is also when we'll see just how good Xia, Wyness, Round, etc are.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 02:14:23 PM »

I think the point about Terry isn’t just about the player or the person but it’s all of it combined. It’s what he brings with him, to the other players, to the club and to the fans. He has won it all, played on he highest stage and yet here he is at the end of his career where he could have just coasted and taken the money and instead is everything we hoped he would be as a football professional and leader and more. Jack Grealish is a young kid who is playing very well now but he is also being positively influenced. Much of that is on Jack and credit should go to him, but a lot is now the leadership at the club (not just Terry) but from the top down. It’s an environment that is very positive and is allowing Jack to stay focused and motivated and become a top footballer.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »

We said at the time.."it's a sign" that the day would be ours.  It did look quite spiritual as well as spectacular, a B6 aurora borealis not caused by particles emitted from the the sun but by the souls of Villains that have gone before us doing their bit to ensure that the day indeed was ours.

I would like to think that it's caused by all those Holte Enders in the sky joining in with us still around and getting behind the team.

Soppy or what , i don't care

Offline Ayup

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 12:25:27 AM »
Just like our performance on Saturday Dave a brilliant written piece.
Great article, Darren.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »
I always enjoy your articles Dave but that one was a classic. Very good comments from the posters as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal