collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Post-Match Thread  (Read 31359 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Post-Match Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:52 AM »
I think Grealish may well go if we don't go up, but if we doo he will stay for a bit to see how far he can get wth us.
He is still pretty young so he can head off in his mid-twenties to win stuff if it doesn't look like happening here.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »
I think he'll be here next season even if we don't go up but if he is the best player in the division next season, as he should be, and we don't go up again I think 100% he'll move on after that.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2018, 02:47:26 PM »
Just read this, is it April 1st?...... and Shi, speaking exclusively to the Express & Star, has a vision for a 50,000 all-seater stadium befitting of the team Wolves are looking to build.
"Let's try to get to 50,000 as soon as possible," Shi said.
"Everyone wants to have a big stadium. It's a step by step process and only when we build a strong team and can compete comfortably in the Premier League is the time to expand the stadium.
"Eventually, if we can achieve that, we'll do it of course.
"Laurie (Dalrymple, Wolves' managing director) told me that the maximum capacity may be 50,000. I And Shi, speaking exclusively to the Express & Star, has a vision for a 50,000 all-seater stadium befitting of the team Wolves are looking to build.
"Let's try to get to 50,000 as soon as possible," Shi said.
"Everyone wants to have a big stadium. It's a step by step process and only when we build a strong team and can compete comfortably in the Premier League is the time to expand the stadium.
"Eventually, if we can achieve that, we'll do it of course.
"Laurie (Dalrymple, Wolves' managing director) told me that the maximum capacity may be 50,000. I even asked him can we have a bigger one like Real Madrid's! But it's hard because the position of the stadium, the university is behind us.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
Whoops, some rubbish pasting by me then.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
You mean they have downgraded their ambition from a 60,000 seater? The Dingles will be wanting him out.

Offline Clarence Blue

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2018, 10:38:08 PM »
Fantastic performance, atmosphere, result. More important to us Black Country Villans than that small club from Small Heath.

Delighted Chester scored, after his contribution to the mistakes that led to their equaliser. He has been superb and deserves Player of the Season award.

After all the Mind the Gap, and worse taunts, in recent weeks, victory was all the sweeter. I heard a sizeable group of Norwegian Lions Club members were over for the game.

Reminded me of the famous Norwegian TV commentator's end of match speech/rant, way back when Norway beat England in a World Cup Qualifier, or was it a finals Group match?

Inspired me to do a Villa v Wolves version, with acknowledgement to legendary Norwegian commentator, Bjørge Lillelien RIP. Us Black Country Villans know about the famous history of Wolves, and their struggles towards the end of the 20c, when they came close to folding.

“We have beaten Wolverhampton Wanderers 4-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Wolves, Wolves, birthplace of monkey gland injections, 60 watt hamster-powered floodlights, double-decker bus thefts and fantasy world club championships.

Major Frank Buckley,     Sir Billy Wright,     Stan Cullis, Mahmud & Mohammad Bhatti (Court Martialled),     
Baroness Rachael Heyhoe-Flint OBE,
Brian ‘Double-Decker’ Law,      Sir Jack Hayward,          Derek Squeaky Parkin,        Joy Beverley-Wright MBE,
Bert Williams MBE,   we have beaten them all.                                  We have beaten them all!

Jorge Paulo Agostinho Mendes, can you hear me? Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo, I have a message for you in the run in of the championship campaign. I have a message for you: we have knocked Wolves for four.

Stevie Bull MBE, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Mad O’Rourke’s World Famous Pie Factory in Tipton, your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!”
        Aston Villa 4, Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, 10th March 2018
     Big Club, Big Match, Big Performance, Big Thrashing, Big Humble Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal