collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre-Match Thread  (Read 30840 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre-Match Thread
« on: March 07, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
Huge game, no two ways about it.

Dependent on Cardiff and Fulham we could be 4th and 7th points off automatic or potentially still 3rd and with an opportunity to close the gap on the leaders.

I would go with:

Johnstone

Taylor
Terry
Chester
Elmo

Jedinak

Adomah
Hourihane
Grealish
Snoddy

Grabban.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:14:05 PM by Legion »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa - Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »
That's the same team I'd go with. Into these twats, Villa.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »
If my Wolves supporting customer is correct and they are starting to look tired then playing them with only two days rest after tonight's game could well give us an advantage.  Just for once I hope Dirty Leeds really live up to their reputation tonight.

It's a must not lose game.  We are almost full strength at home with a big crowd...FTFs!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »
1-1

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »
It's very funny that after giving it the big one on their forum how they were buying ticket for the home ends on Seatwave they've all had their tickets cancelled. After insisting any Villa fans telling them that this would happen were wrong. Still, must be nice for them to sell out the away end at VP for once.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »
1-1 Grabban

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
Yep. That’s the team. Solid in the middle with players who work hard, have a bit of pace and flair and an eye for goal. Grabban has been very impressive so far and deserves to lead the line.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
It's very funny that after giving it the big one on their forum how they were buying ticket for the home ends on Seatwave they've all had their tickets cancelled. After insisting any Villa fans telling them that this would happen were wrong. Still, must be nice for them to sell out the away end at VP for once.

When you consider the distance travelled, then these lot are up there with Stoke for bringing some absolutely shite follwings to Villa Park over the past 15 odd years.

They've had the better of the 3 matches since we were relegated and we were hugely negative at Molineux earlier in the season, I'd be tempted to use Bjarnasson in this one as our DM and just stick him on Neves. Our 3 attacking midfielders have got enough quality to cause any team in the division alot problems, as long as we play to there strengths.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »
I am confident.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »
0-2. Sorry.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »
We are pretty slow across the back line that's my big worry.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »
I'd probably go with the team that Ads listed but I have a couple of niggling doubts. Firstly, we don't know how effective Grabban would be as an out and out lone striker. It woul also possibly have a detrimental on Hogan and may be the decision that makes him realise that he's not as well thought of by Bruce as he'd like to be.

Secondly, I wonder whether BB would be better in front of the defence given how mobile and quick Wolves are? In a normal championship game, I'd go for Jedi but Wolves are one of the few who don't play many high balls into that area that Jedi usually commands.

We are going to drop points at some point between now and May. Hopefully, if we do so on Saturday, Cardiff and Fulham will do so also. Anything other than a win will as good as see off any lingering hopes we have of catching Wolves.

These games are going to get more nerve racking by the week from now on. Can't grumble though as it's a nice change to be actually challenging for something.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 06:38:57 PM »
I'd probably go with Bjarnasson too. I just think he's more effective at breaking up play when it's on the floor and Wolves aren't a long ball side. I would go with Grabban because he's scoring and he's also bloody annoying for defenders. I felt the mistake we made against Wolves at their place was constantly pinging the ball up front and having it come back immediately.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »
The game tonight could have a massive effect. Lose a hard fought game (ideally a spawny injury time OG to really hurt them and leave them physically and mentally fecked) and the nerves and doubts will be really kicking in for them on Saturday. And it will be the first time this season they'd be playing under pressure. Win tonight and they are all but up imo so can view our game as more of a free hit than a high pressure game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »
The game tonight could have a massive effect. Lose a hard fought game (ideally a spawny injury time OG to really hurt them and leave them physically and mentally fecked) and the nerves and doubts will be really kicking in for them on Saturday. And it will be the first time this season they'd be playing under pressure. Win tonight and they are all but up imo so can view our game as more of a free hit than a high pressure game.

That is how I viewed the Olbiyun quarter final.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal