collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by eamonn
[Today at 10:02:19 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by aj2k77
[Today at 10:01:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:00:03 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:57:10 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by chrisw1
[Today at 09:56:02 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by john e
[Today at 09:55:13 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Sheffield Wednesday Saltiness  (Read 17904 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: The Sheffield Wednesday Saltiness
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
Sorry but why do we bother looking at their fan websites?

The entertainment value on that site alone justifies 10 minutes of your time.

is the correct answer
OK on my way😊

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
I can understand being pissed off losing a game like that, I would be too.  They battered us fist half and going in 4-1 down wouldn't have been an injustice.  But, and as I alluded to in the match thread, I've seen us have that sort of half where we've created a load of chances but it just hasn't gone in, and so I thought we might actually nick it.  The Terry tackle was just that, a perfectly judged tackle, and the Snodgrass penalty was as cut and dried a decision as I've ever seen.  Their player just ran in to him like he was trying out for the rugby a bit later in the afternoon.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
I don't think they battered us in the first half. They had more chances overall, and were probably the better side. "Battered us", though? Nah. Plus the highlights neglect to show Snodgrass' missed header just before half-time.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »
They believe they're a big club and hated that a bigger one came along and beat them.

I said at half time that we'd beat them because we were playing badly but they're awful. They had delusions after that first half  and leading twice and losing 4-2 has to be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Anyway, I'm rather enjoying life today though funnily enough the only people talking to me are Blades fans.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2018, 03:11:20 PM »
I don't think they battered us in the first half. They had more chances overall, and were probably the better side. "Battered us", though? Nah. Plus the highlights neglect to show Snodgrass' missed header just before half-time.

Which was obviously offside and handballed anyway which the ref or linesman didn't spot.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »

Which was obviously offside and handballed anyway which the bribed ref or dirty Villa linesman didn't spot, I'm writing to the FA.

FTFY.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 03:44:27 PM »
That Snoddy header was an absolute sitter.

They didn't get the penalty, as it was marginal, but Clare had gone diving about before which must have played on the referees mind.

Snoddy is excellent at winning free kicks. No doubt about it.

Offline ExclDawg

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 04:12:18 PM »
I've looked at their gripes:

1. Our first goal, they claim Snoddy wasn't fouled for the free kick that led to it. Yes he was - It clearly shows him being pulled back. They then claim that Terry was offside. No he wasn't, you see him running with the defender to his right in front of him (not sure if they know they you only become offside once the ball is played, not before)

2. They should have had a penalty in the first half. This is the only close or debatable decision. I've watched it several times and still cannot make my mind up. There was definitely no trip as they claim but possibly a clash of legs. The ref was right on top of it and none of their players appealed for it bar the one who went down (which suggests that he was looking for it).

3. The ball crossed the line for the goalmouth scramble in the second half. Yeah right - Is the goal line technology corrupt as well?

4. The ball went out when Snoddy ran with it, leading to the corner for Connor's goal. TV clearly shows that it didn't.

5. It wasn't a penalty - The most silly claim of all and deserves no explanation.

None of their players, staff or manager have complained about the ref, nor their media or press - The only people complaining are a bunch of head the balls on the internet.

I suppose they are salty about the NFL style hit that led to a penalty at the end too?  It's almost like they don't know the rules to the game.  I'm an American that's followed "soccer" for all of about a decade.  I'm probably as ignorant as it comes, yet it seems I know more about the rules than their fans do.  The ball has to completely cross a boundary line for it to count, it's not a foul if the defender gets to the ball first, and off-sides only applies to where he was before the pass was made.  Do they not know this? 

By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 04:24:46 PM »
When former big clubs (owners/management/fans) lose touch with reality and start blaming everything and everyone else for their demise rather than examining their own various orifices they become Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:26:29 PM by olaftab »

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2018, 04:29:00 PM »
I've looked at their gripes:

1. Our first goal, they claim Snoddy wasn't fouled for the free kick that led to it. Yes he was - It clearly shows him being pulled back. They then claim that Terry was offside. No he wasn't, you see him running with the defender to his right in front of him (not sure if they know they you only become offside once the ball is played, not before)

2. They should have had a penalty in the first half. This is the only close or debatable decision. I've watched it several times and still cannot make my mind up. There was definitely no trip as they claim but possibly a clash of legs. The ref was right on top of it and none of their players appealed for it bar the one who went down (which suggests that he was looking for it).

3. The ball crossed the line for the goalmouth scramble in the second half. Yeah right - Is the goal line technology corrupt as well?

4. The ball went out when Snoddy ran with it, leading to the corner for Connor's goal. TV clearly shows that it didn't.

5. It wasn't a penalty - The most silly claim of all and deserves no explanation.

None of their players, staff or manager have complained about the ref, nor their media or press - The only people complaining are a bunch of head the balls on the internet.

I suppose they are salty about the NFL style hit that led to a penalty at the end too?  It's almost like they don't know the rules to the game.  I'm an American that's followed "soccer" for all of about a decade.  I'm probably as ignorant as it comes, yet it seems I know more about the rules than their fans do.  The ball has to completely cross a boundary line for it to count, it's not a foul if the defender gets to the ball first, and off-sides only applies to where he was before the pass was made.  Do they not know this? 

By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong. :D

I will.  I know you put it in " ", however there is no excuse for using the term soccer.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »
The only time they’ve had a good side in my 41 years, we had a better one. They can get fucked.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
I spoke to a Wednesday fan who was there this morning and he was moaning about the ref's apparent over-familiarity with Steve Bruce but did concede Villa were the better side in the 2nd half.
I hope you pointed out that the second half was 3-0 to villa?

Online The Edge

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
I spoke to a Wednesday fan who was there this morning and he was moaning about the ref's apparent over-familiarity with Steve Bruce but did concede Villa were the better side in the 2nd half.
I hope you pointed out that the second half was 3-0 to villa?
Just re-read your post. I obviously got it arse about face. Time for my nap.

Online The Edge

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »
The only time they’ve had a good side in my 41 years, we had a better one. They can get fucked.
Ha ha ha ha. I like that. Fuck em!

Offline Dave P

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
They are off again!

I may write to the FA asking for some sort of fair play aware on our behalf. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal