collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Sheffield Wednesday Saltiness  (Read 18044 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: The Sheffield Wednesday Saltiness
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
Sorry but why do we bother looking at their fan websites?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
I've looked at their gripes:

1. Our first goal, they claim Snoddy wasn't fouled for the free kick that led to it. Yes he was - It clearly shows him being pulled back. They then claim that Terry was offside. No he wasn't, you see him running with the defender to his right in front of him (not sure if they know they you only become offside once the ball is played, not before)

2. They should have had a penalty in the first half. This is the only close or debatable decision. I've watched it several times and still cannot make my mind up. There was definitely no trip as they claim but possibly a clash of legs. The ref was right on top of it and none of their players appealed for it bar the one who went down (which suggests that he was looking for it).

3. The ball crossed the line for the goalmouth scramble in the second half. Yeah right - Is the goal line technology corrupt as well?

4. The ball went out when Snoddy ran with it, leading to the corner for Connor's goal. TV clearly shows that it didn't.

5. It wasn't a penalty - The most silly claim of all and deserves no explanation.

None of their players, staff or manager have complained about the ref, nor their media or press - The only people complaining are a bunch of head the balls on the internet.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »

The entertainment value on that site alone justifies 10 minutes of your time.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »
The tackle from Terry was brilliant. Thought at the time and the replays confirmed it.

Was that the one where their forward was left in a heap clutching his leg and then jumped up when they started another attack straight away and had a shot saved by Johnstone?

Yes - looked like he'd been run over by a tank and as soon as they regained possession, he was up like a shot.

Great tackle from Terry.

He had the same build as the Wycombe Beast great tackle by terry

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »
Anybody got a link to a vid showing the tackle?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 01:54:42 PM »

It's about 7.30 mins in:

&t=3s

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 01:55:53 PM »

The entertainment value on that site alone justifies 10 minutes of your time.

is the correct answer

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 01:58:12 PM »
Very strange lot up there. Even the local journalists seem to be a bit up themselves. I watched their manager's pre-match press conference and the local hack was laying in to him big time. It never crossed his mind that the manager has only been in the job a short time, is having to use the previous managers players and they have 16 players out injured (17 after Saturday), at least 10 of them first teamers. The bloody journalist was telling the manager what he should be doing, what strikers he should be playing, when to make the subs.. it was the most shocking press conference I've seen since Mike Bassett was England manager.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 02:03:34 PM »
I spoke to a Wednesday fan who was there this morning and he was moaning about the ref's apparent over-familiarity with Steve Bruce but did concede Villa were the better side in the 2nd half.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 02:17:06 PM »
The best bit for me in one of those threads is where one of them starts banging on about how VAR can't come to the Championship soon enough, only to then go on and say that the VAR they didn't have would've been dodgy too so it wouldn't have made any difference!!!

Even the Bitters aren't that bitter!

Oh, and if he supported a proper club he'd stop worrying about getting VAR in the Championship and just get promoted to a division where it's already used!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »

It's about 7.30 mins in:

&t=3s

Cheers, thought it was that one.  There's not even the slightest suggestion that that should have been a red card.  It was a perfectly timed tackle from Terry, which was immediately obvious both at first sight, but even more so when slowing things down.  The Sheffield Wednesday fans are a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing mentallists.

"Someone wants them back in the Premier League."  FFS!  Yes, it's been a brilliant time to be a Villa fan for the last few years, and even better when the Illuminati get involved to make things easy for us.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:19 PM »
In fairness most of them take the piss out of the letter writer.  Just like we would on here.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
In fairness most of them take the piss out of the letter writer.  Just like we would on here.

By the same token, whilst writing a silly letter is absolutely ridiculous, the overwhelming majority on there are claiming that the ref got every decision wrong. The TV highlights have shown that on each and every occasion, the ref was actually right and it is them who are wrong. I'm guilty of doing this myself when I watch games and often stand corrected when I've had the benefit of watching a TV replay. These people are continuing the arguments even when it is clear that the ref got it right and they are coming out with the most ridiculous of conspiracy theories.

Only 1 foul against is unusual in a game but it is partly a compliment to the way they played - They moved the ball well and were often too quick for us.

None of it really matters as we have the 3 points. It's still funny reading their bitterness and anger though. There's nothing better than sore losers.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »

...an when we got home to septic tank in middle of road, our Dad would stab us to death and then dance on our graves singing "Up the Villa"...if we were lucky !

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:41 PM »
Just a thought - If there was anything malicious or untoward, surely the ref would have made it less obvious than just giving 1 foul against us? I mean if he's allowed 3 goals to be scored that shouldn't have been, disallowed one of theirs that was over the line, failed to send Terry off and refused a nailed on penalty, surely he'll give a few fouls in safe areas of the pitch so as not to draw attention to himself?

And he would ov got away with it anall if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal