collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our Injuries.  (Read 8901 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Our Injuries.
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 01:29:01 PM »
It has always seemed strange to me how certain players are so injury prone and others are hardly ever injured. Look at the games Chester and Hutton have played but there never seems to be any doubt about them for any game. It does make you wonder if Klopp''s comment about certain players injuries coming down to their mindset was not as daft as it seemed.

Jon Carew always seemed the opposite - he had the physique of a Viking but he was forever going down with niggling injuries.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »
It has always seemed strange to me how certain players are so injury prone and others are hardly ever injured. Look at the games Chester and Hutton have played but there never seems to be any doubt about them for any game. It does make you wonder if Klopp''s comment about certain players injuries coming down to their mindset was not as daft as it seemed.

Jon Carew always seemed the opposite - he had the physique of a Viking but he was forever going down with niggling injuries.

Andy Carroll would seem to be another of those.  A big battering ram of a player but always injured.  You wonder if it's as a result of doing too much as young players?

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »

Andy Carroll would seem to be another of those.  A big battering ram of a player but always injured.  You wonder if it's as a result of doing too much as young players?

I partly agree with Klopp in the sense that while I'm not sure mindset per say has any bearing on a player GETTING injured, there are undoubtedly differences between players that are willing to play through a certain degree of pain and others that aren't - affecting their availability. It's more a case of how willing certain players are to flag up a little niggle to the medical staff - you'd maybe suggest that someone like Sturridge at Liverpool and Carroll are good examples of this mindset.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »

He had a Back problem which just got worse.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »
Just shows how much the knuckledraggers kicked Jack and Albert from pillar to post given they're still injured. Still, they'll get their just deserts in League one next season.....

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »
Hutton now looking like he'll be out for weeks with a hamstring injury.

A classic example of our strength in depth is that Neil Taylor is his replacement.

Not the biggest of blows but hopefully that's not the last we see of Hutton in a Villa shirt.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »

A classic example of our strength in depth is that Neil Taylor is his replacement.

Not the biggest of blows but hopefully that's not the last we see of Hutton in a Villa shirt.
Disapointed about this but a big opportunity for Taylor to prove a point.  I hope he takes it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »

Disapointed about this but a big opportunity for Taylor to prove a point.  I hope he takes it.

He did ok when he came on Saturday. He put over some decent crosses.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 10:42:36 AM »

Sometimes it's just the way they walk or run naturally that causes more injuries in some players. There was that case of that player who had to have his jaw broken and reset because it was causing him to have hamstring problems and recently i was reading about that player who had his kidney out and the loss of weight where the kidney should have been was causing injuries problems. i went over on my ankle loads of times as a kid so now i walk inwards slightly on one side to the point of wearing down the sole on my shoes badly on my right shoe. I can run with no problems at all but i'm guessing if i'd been a professional footballer they may have wanted to do something about it.  i'm guessing some players have similar problems but  probably in some cases doing something about it is probably more trouble than living with it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:58:10 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »
Just shows how much the knuckledraggers kicked Jack and Albert from pillar to post given they're still injured. Still, they'll get their just deserts in League one next season.....

Amen to all that. I just hope to God we can get both players properly fit asap, otherwise I fear we'll be settling for a play-off place rather than going up automatically. 

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Add Callum O'hare to the list.....likely 10 week layoff after sustaining a knee ligament injury in the Hong Kong Sevens. Could miss the start of next season! Is there any good news to be had ffs?! The injury curse continues...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »
Asked this question in another thread but was Green practically injured for the whole season then?

He did his hamstring in the Norwich game so we know he was out until xmas. Came back and was rusty v Posh in the cup and then we didn't see him again for rest of the season.

In some of the training pics in the last few weeks he was training with everyone else. Even if lacking fitness you'd still think he'd be a decent option from the bench so to me him and Davis were odd exclusions in the run in.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »
It’s truly astonishing how our injury list seems to be going on forever.  Axel out this time last year as well.  It is utterly absurd.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal