collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our Injuries.  (Read 8910 times)

Offline kiddylion

Re: Our Injuries.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
Is our physio still the same bloke who took 6 weeks to get Ron Vlaar fit everytime he had a calf injury?

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 06:46:52 PM »
I read somewhere Wednesday have as many as 16 players unavailable through injury, so at least tomorrow we can't make any excuses regarding our injuries.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:42 PM »
Injuries are injuries.  End of.  The alternative to resting players with injuries is to let them have free rein to go to - for example - the ACN against the advice of our coaches and come back crocked for a whole season.

If you mean Kodjia, we couldn't stop him.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »
I've questioned whether we've had anyone fitness related at BMH for years.

I just hope this doesn't knock us completely sideways and we end up hanging on to a play off place.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 07:29:06 PM »
I'd fancy us to beat anyone in the play offs with the team that started v Blues, I can't believe we won't at least finish Top 6

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 08:16:52 PM »
Micah Richards knees are gone. He said so himself.
That being the case he should be "retired under medical grounds" and an insurance claim submitted - assuming we insured him when we took him on board- if he wasn't that's yet another example of the gross mismanagement this club has displayed over the last few years- if on the other hand we couldn't get him insured was he given a stringent medical before we handed him such a generous contract? We've made some poor decisions in the past but signing Richards ranks as one of the worst - due diligence was certainly not exercised before buying him .......but he is a fun guy to have around the club .....fuck me I'd be the happiest guy on this planet if someone paid me thousands a week for just showing up

You can criticise the signing all you like, but have a look back at his thread. There was general agreement that he'd started off well then not a word until the end of November, so whatever 'due diligence' (whatever that might mean in a player context) was done it's hardly the fault of the club that he went off the rails over three months into the season. And I doubt very much that a player would ever be signed without being insured.
Taking your last comment first - if the player himself admits his knees are shot and he is unable to play further I would like to think the club's legal advisers are having conversations with the club's insurers.
Due diligence in context of players ? Simple - make enquiries about the player - his history of injuries, attitude, mentality etc
I'm not blaming the club for him " going off the rails" however I would expect some signs that the club are either attempting to get him fit (Bruce stated he would be considered if he ever got fit)- no intimation that he was finished -  Or making a claim from the insurer should Richards claim be factual

You've completely changed tack there. First you said what a bad decision it was to sign him and did we check him out beforehand. I said that he would have had to undergo a medical and be insured, and also pointed out that he started off well with us so it was hardly one of the worst decisions the club have ever made. That has nothing to do with his fitness almost three years down the line.
Changed tack ? Hardly
It's all a question of opinion -   mine is that he has hardly set the place on fire and has not "appeared" to have had the will to get himself fit to warrant his extremely generous wage - at any time over the last 24 months or so- it depends how you view decisions made by the club - those that stick in my mind are the likes of Stas, Neale Cooper , Balaban et al -it happens I guess even with the more successful clubs.
Whether you agree or not I don't care but for me the likes of him and Agbonlahor have taken the club and fans for mugs over the past couple of years -   but this is modern football with long and lucrative contracts whether you play or not - if we fail to go up this season the drain on resources will hamper our attempts to return to the elite

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
Changed tack ? Hardly
It's all a question of opinion -   mine is that he has hardly set the place on fire and has not "appeared" to have had the will to get himself fit to warrant his extremely generous wage - at any time over the last 24 months or so- it depends how you view decisions made by the club - those that stick in my mind are the likes of Stas, Neale Cooper , Balaban et al -it happens I guess even with the more successful clubs.
Whether you agree or not I don't care but for me the likes of him and Agbonlahor have taken the club and fans for mugs over the past couple of years -   but this is modern football with long and lucrative contracts whether you play or not - if we fail to go up this season the drain on resources will hamper our attempts to return to the elite

You started by saying that the signing was one of the worst decisions the club had ever made and talked about the lack of thought that went into it, then when I said that it seemed fine at first you went on to talk about the current situation. What's that if not changing tack, or possibly moving the goalposts?

For the last two and a bit years Micah Richards has been an absolute disgrace of a footballer. That's not open to any debate at all. But his signing and the first three months of his time with Villa are different entirely and nobody then can be blamed for the way it turned out.                                                                                   

. 

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
Changed tack ? Hardly

You started by saying that the signing was one of the worst decisions the club had ever made and talked about the lack of thought that went into it, then when I said that it seemed fine at first you went on to talk about the current situation. What's that if not changing tack, or possibly moving the goalposts?

For the last two and a bit years Micah Richards has been an absolute disgrace of a footballer. That's not open to any debate at all. But his signing and the first three months of his time with Villa are different entirely and nobody then can be blamed for the way it turned out.                                                                                   

. 
it's called moving the conversation on :)

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »
Most people were genuinely excited by him signing for us at the time especially on a free.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 09:08:43 PM »
Injuries are just luck. Not fair or down to training normally, just random. If you buy a load of known injury prone players then obviously that's a bad policy but i wouldn't say we have gone down that route recently. Be someone else next week.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 11:40:23 PM »
In the case of Richards and Gabby I wonder if both of them are now suffering from bulking up so much from an early age.

I think Gabby is now fit in any case and with the injuries a case to bring McCormack back into fold surely has some merit

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 11:46:05 PM »
In the case of Richards and Gabby I wonder if both of them are now suffering from bulking up so much from an early age.

I think Gabby is now fit in any case and with the injuries a case to bring McCormack back into fold surely has some merit

yep totally agree about McCormack. Do you really just punish a player forever who was POTY multiple times at Fulham and Leeds because he couldn't get over his garden fence? If the likes of gabby and richards are forgiven then redemption is possible for anyone i reckon.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »
There has to be more than that though. It’s very possibly the lying about it and his general reluctance to conform that might also be a key issue. The gate thing would be in the past if he applied himself which he clearly couldn’t be arsed to do the last time the club and more importantly Bruce needed him.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
Micah Richards knees are gone. He said so himself.

thats fine

hes the best dresser at the club remember

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
It has always seemed strange to me how certain players are so injury prone and others are hardly ever injured. Look at the games Chester and Hutton have played but there never seems to be any doubt about them for any game. It does make you wonder if Klopp''s comment about certain players injuries coming down to their mindset was not as daft as it seemed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal