collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our Injuries.  (Read 8905 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Our Injuries.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »
They should all be back soon at least

I’m expecting another big push when jack and Albert are back

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 01:15:31 PM »
Every time an opposition player is listed as doubtful, they play against us. Whereas when our players are doubtful they miss the game.

Ron Vlaar was the worst, he seemed to miss months with minor injuries.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
Just listened to Bruce's press conference.

Axel - out tomorrow, hamstring.
Grabban - doubtful, groin strain.
Grealish - out.
Adomah - out.
Davis - doubtful, twisted ankle.
Snodgrass - should be okay.

FFS, when will it end.

Elmo will come back in at right back so no worries there but as for the rest. Green is out too. Gabby and McCormack up front it is.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »
Tony Morley is out with a knee injury too.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
Tony Morley is out with a knee injury too.

Has Bruce or the coaches been blamed for that yet?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »
There is something seriously wrong at Villa Park/Bodymoor Heath especially when they can't get senior players fit over a long period of time - I'm talking about Agbonlahor and Richards here - whilst their attitudes are poor they should at least be fit and ready to play if called upon albeit for one or two games or the bench
Shame on the fitness coaches and manager

Yes shame on the fitness coach and manager, if they don't get them to run around and put tackles in then they won't get injured.
Look at my post again - l am referring to fitness not injuries and specifically to two individuals - senior players who should be fit and available for selection if required
Whilst I'm no soft tissue/ musculoskeletal skeletal expert I know enough to question why our players ,particularly the younger ones are regularly picking up hamstring injuries -are they warming up sufficiently before training/ playing or being overstretched in training?
It is easy to put a spate of injuries down to bad luck but where a pattern emerges surely it is sensible to analyse the situation and remedy it -

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »
Micah Richards knees are gone. He said so himself.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »
That being the case he should be "retired under medical grounds" and an insurance claim submitted - assuming we insured him when we took him on board- if he wasn't that's yet another example of the gross mismanagement this club has displayed over the last few years- if on the other hand we couldn't get him insured was he given a stringent medical before we handed him such a generous contract? We've made some poor decisions in the past but signing Richards ranks as one of the worst - due diligence was certainly not exercised before buying him .......but he is a fun guy to have around the club .....fuck me I'd be the happiest guy on this planet if someone paid me thousands a week for just showing up

Online tomd2103

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »
Wasn't there backlash from a number of players during the transition from DiMatteo to Bruce about the intensity of training? There were some comments from Gollini at the very least if I remember correctly. "Shame on the coaches and manager" is a bit much, but at the same time there is something not right with the way we're doing conditioning. I suspect, from hearing about several players wanting to put extra hours in by themselves after training, there is a culture of overtime developing too - where the manager will reward the extra effort with more game time. Unfortunately the logic of that is very questionable.

To be honest, I wouldn't have thought any extra training done by players would be overly exerting.  I would guess any on the field stuff would mainly be technical work such as set pieces or finishing and any conditional work would be agreed and programmed by fitness staff at the club. 

Getting a lot of injuries is always bad, but to have so many at a key juncture of the season is a terrible blow.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »
That being the case he should be "retired under medical grounds" and an insurance claim submitted - assuming we insured him when we took him on board- if he wasn't that's yet another example of the gross mismanagement this club has displayed over the last few years- if on the other hand we couldn't get him insured was he given a stringent medical before we handed him such a generous contract? We've made some poor decisions in the past but signing Richards ranks as one of the worst - due diligence was certainly not exercised before buying him .......but he is a fun guy to have around the club .....fuck me I'd be the happiest guy on this planet if someone paid me thousands a week for just showing up

You can criticise the signing all you like, but have a look back at his thread. There was general agreement that he'd started off well then not a word until the end of November, so whatever 'due diligence' (whatever that might mean in a player context) was done it's hardly the fault of the club that he went off the rails over three months into the season. And I doubt very much that a player would ever be signed without being insured.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 04:42:01 PM »

You can criticise the signing all you like, but have a look back at his thread. There was general agreement that he'd started off well then not a word until the end of November, so whatever 'due diligence' (whatever that might mean in a player context) was done it's hardly the fault of the club that he went off the rails over three months into the season. And I doubt very much that a player would ever be signed without being insured.
Taking your last comment first - if the player himself admits his knees are shot and he is unable to play further I would like to think the club's legal advisers are having conversations with the club's insurers.
Due diligence in context of players ? Simple - make enquiries about the player - his history of injuries, attitude, mentality etc
I'm not blaming the club for him " going off the rails" however I would expect some signs that the club are either attempting to get him fit (Bruce stated he would be considered if he ever got fit)- no intimation that he was finished -  Or making a claim from the insurer should Richards claim be factual

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Taking your last comment first - if the player himself admits his knees are shot and he is unable to play further I would like to think the club's legal advisers are having conversations with the club's insurers.
Due diligence in context of players ? Simple - make enquiries about the player - his history of injuries, attitude, mentality etc
I'm not blaming the club for him " going off the rails" however I would expect some signs that the club are either attempting to get him fit (Bruce stated he would be considered if he ever got fit)- no intimation that he was finished -  Or making a claim from the insurer should Richards claim be factual

You've completely changed tack there. First you said what a bad decision it was to sign him and did we check him out beforehand. I said that he would have had to undergo a medical and be insured, and also pointed out that he started off well with us so it was hardly one of the worst decisions the club have ever made. That has nothing to do with his fitness almost three years down the line.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
They should all be back soon at least

I’m expecting another big push when jack and Albert are back

How soon are we looking at?

It'a a real shame this happened now, I know the squad should be able to cope etc but we'd got a really good settled side firing on all cylinders so it's very frustrating.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
I wouldn’t imagine insurance companies cover anything like today’s player values in terms of potential payouts.  They probably demand a huge excess at the very least.  Unless he’s completely written off as officially retired is the reason I’m guessing there would be no claim.  And he probably doesn’t want to do that with the thick end £50k a week into his pocket for another 18 months.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
Injuries are injuries.  End of.  The alternative to resting players with injuries is to let them have free rein to go to - for example - the ACN against the advice of our coaches and come back crocked for a whole season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal