collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our Injuries.  (Read 8904 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Our Injuries.
« on: February 23, 2018, 10:11:32 AM »
Just listened to Bruce's press conference.

Axel - out tomorrow, hamstring.
Grabban - doubtful, groin strain.
Grealish - out.
Adomah - out.
Davis - doubtful, twisted ankle.
Snodgrass - should be okay.

FFS, when will it end.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Our Injuries.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:20:09 AM »
There is something seriously wrong at Villa Park/Bodymoor Heath especially when they can't get senior players fit over a long period of time - I'm talking about Agbonlahor and Richards here - whilst their attitudes are poor they should at least be fit and ready to play if called upon albeit for one or two games or the bench
Shame on the fitness coaches and manager
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:24:35 AM by villa `cross the mersey »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
Shame on the coaches and manager? That’s an odd thing to say. Are you suggesting that they in some way have created this situation? How would they have done that?

Online manic-road

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »
There is something seriously wrong at Villa Park/Bodymoor Heath especially when they can't get senior players fit over a long period of time - I'm talking about Agbonlahor and Richards here - whilst their attitudes are poor they should at least be fit and ready to play if called upon albeit for one or two games or the bench
Shame on the fitness coaches and manager

Yes shame on the fitness coach and manager, if they don't get them to run around and put tackles in then they won't get injured.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »
At least it will force him to include Hepburn and O'Hare.

Offline Boz

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
Shame on the coaches and manager? That’s an odd thing to say. Are you suggesting that they in some way have created this situation? How would they have done that?

Maybe the training regime is not fit for purpose

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
What I find concerning is how often young players breaking through seem to spend long periods being unavailable.
Whereas in the past once the youngsters broke into the team they would allways seem to be playing.
Are they over played, over trained?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »
Wasn't there backlash from a number of players during the transition from DiMatteo to Bruce about the intensity of training? There were some comments from Gollini at the very least if I remember correctly. "Shame on the coaches and manager" is a bit much, but at the same time there is something not right with the way we're doing conditioning. I suspect, from hearing about several players wanting to put extra hours in by themselves after training, there is a culture of overtime developing too - where the manager will reward the extra effort with more game time. Unfortunately the logic of that is very questionable.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
No, it was under Houllier.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 11:44:00 AM »
Wasn't there backlash from a number of players during the transition from DiMatteo to Bruce about the intensity of training? There were some comments from Gollini at the very least if I remember correctly. "Shame on the coaches and manager" is a bit much, but at the same time there is something not right with the way we're doing conditioning. I suspect, from hearing about several players wanting to put extra hours in by themselves after training, there is a culture of overtime developing too - where the manager will reward the extra effort with more game time. Unfortunately the logic of that is very questionable.

You mean it's questionable to reward extra effort?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »

No, I mean the logic of giving somebody 90 mins of game time when they've been wearing themselves out on the training pitches all week is ultimately counterintuitive and definitely going to result in injuries. There's a reason training is a few hours each morning and then the players get the rest of the day either for recovery or relaxation. It's of course up to them if they want to stay out on the pitches, but probably not ideal when you add it all up.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »

No, I mean the logic of giving somebody 90 mins of game time when they've been wearing themselves out on the training pitches all week is ultimately counterintuitive and definitely going to result in injuries. There's a reason training is a few hours each morning and then the players get the rest of the day either for recovery or relaxation. It's of course up to them if they want to stay out on the pitches, but probably not ideal when you add it all up.

Somehow, I think the manager and coaching staff might know a bit more about the fitness levels of our players and their recovery times than some random bloke who hears something on the internet.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »

Somehow, I think the manager and coaching staff might know a bit more about the fitness levels of our players and their recovery times than some random bloke who hears something on the internet.

Still on top form Mr Woodhall. So you think we shouldn't have opinions about things because we're not on staff? Your online journalism would seem to suggest otherwise.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion, but then its entitled to be rubbished if you've go no evidence to back it up.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:08 PM »

Still on top form Mr Woodhall. So you think we shouldn't have opinions about things because we're not on staff? Your online journalism would seem to suggest otherwise.

If I was on top form I'd say you were talking bollocks and follow it up by saying how incredibly tedious it is when someone comes back on here and thinks I shouldn't disagree with them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal