collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get well soon Tony Morley (minor knee [possibly hip] op - no need to panic!)  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Get well soon Tony Morley
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
Yeah, thread title should have been more like 'Wishing you a successful knee replacement'.  I'll be having the same for one or both knees within the next 5 - 7 years I've been told.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
Get well soon Tony !
  I can endorse all the nice things said about him - have met him just twice and he was very friendly and genuine  -   one of my all time favourite Villa players -  I was in the main stand at Goodison when he scored that brilliant goal in 81 - happy days !

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 03:49:01 PM »
Yeah, thread title should have been more like 'Wishing you a successful knee replacement'.  I'll be having the same for one or both knees within the next 5 - 7 years I've been told.

Until then, though... are you available tomorrow to play on the wing?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
I've often thought that if he hadn't missed that penalty we quite possibly wouldn't have won the European Cup.

What you your name have been then ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »
Hopefully something which was gramatically correct, the big fucking apostrophe dodger.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
grammatically

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »
Oh dear Bren sorry to hear that.  I have just had my second hip done.  I guess you may be going private but I would recommend the Royal Orthopedic surgeons if you have a choice.  It's all hips and knees in there and the staff really know what they are doing.
Funnily enough I see Tony Morley around quite often and have never noticed him limping so am a bit surprised but I saw Peter Withe in Doha Airport in November and He was walking exactly the same as me and definitely needs his hip doing. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:33:12 PM by Larry Duff »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »
I've often thought that if he hadn't missed that penalty we quite possibly wouldn't have won the European Cup.

ZombieLover69

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:34 PM »
Anybody else see the thread title and panic slightly before seeing it was 'only' a knee op?

Yes.

Tony Morley was my first Villa hero. I hope he's immortal.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »

ZombieLover69

Didn't have you down as a Rangers fan.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Oh dear Bren sorry to hear that.  I have just had my second hip done.  I guess you may be going private but I would recommend the Royal Orthopedic surgeons if you have a choice.  It's all hips and knees in there and the staff really know what they are doing.
Funnily enough I see Tony Morley around quite often and have never noticed him limping so am a bit surprised but I saw Peter Withe in Doha Airport in November and He was walking exactly the same as me and definitely needs his hip doing. 

My knees aren’t quite incapacitated yet. I can walk but I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ll never make the starting 11 for the Villa unless of course medical advancements in the next 5 to 7 years prove otherwise. The man who looks after me looks after our players too so I should be in good hands.

Offline RichardBatchelor

Tony Morley is my all-time Villa hero. I was excited pretty much every time he touched the ball. Was devastated when he got sold. I’m still not sure I ever got over it!

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022

My knees aren’t quite incapacitated yet. I can walk but I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ll never make the starting 11 for the Villa unless of course medical advancements in the next 5 to 7 years prove otherwise. The man who looks after me looks after our players too so I should be in good hands.

My mom's had some very complex surgery at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, which is one of only 5 purely orthopaedic hospitals in the country. One of the surgeons who operated on her is a Villa fan. He's great, IMO.

Offline clash city rocker

All the best Tony.  One of the few players who when he received the ball always gave everyone a sense of anticipation and raised the crowd volume at villa park. Quite often the ball just landing at his feet caused a roar to go around villa park.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal