collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2018  (Read 119593 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2018
« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2018, 04:20:51 PM »
Excellent win for Yorkshire in the Roses match with the double whammy of going above Lancashire, was convinced we were going down but given ourselves a more than good chance of staying up now.

Massive result for you, I think Lancs and Worcs are fucked now to be honest, unless the latter do something spectacular with the ball in the next half hour.

Going to be a real struggle next season I think, going to miss Jack Brooks in particular.

There do seem to have been a lot of questionable decisions made by the county in the last 18 months or so. It's pretty desperate that a county with 4 current England test players are in such a state but maybe that's the root (he he) cause. Either way it's a massive shame, I think Yorkshire are one of the 4 counties that you expect to see in div 1 (along with Warks, Lancs and Surrey).

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #916 on: September 13, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »
34/1 but more news from Bears is that we have signed another quickie from Gloucester one Craig Miles on a three year deal

Warwickshire are getting on my tits now.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #917 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Bunch of West Country yokels moaning when the big clubs come in for their players. It's like Bristol City all over again. 😉

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #918 on: September 13, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
Bunch of West Country yokels moaning when the big clubs come in for their players. It's like Bristol City all over again. 😉

Quality !

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #919 on: September 13, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »

Fuck and Off.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #920 on: September 14, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
34/1 but more news from Bears is that we have signed another quickie from Gloucester one Craig Miles on a three year deal

Warwickshire are getting on my tits now.

Not to rub salt in CL, but what do you make of the two bowlers who are heading up to Edgbaston next season?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #921 on: September 14, 2018, 08:45:25 AM »
Norwalk is steady but can bat. Miles is a proper fast bowler. Both came through as kids with us and aren't badly paid. Cricket seems to be getting more like football where it is just money that talks each passing season. And I don't like it.

And keep your filthy fucking hands off Charlesworth because he will play for England inside 3 years.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #922 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
Norwalk is steady but can bat. Miles is a proper fast bowler. Both came through as kids with us and aren't badly paid. Cricket seems to be getting more like football where it is just money that talks each passing season. And I don't like it.

And keep your filthy fucking hands off Charlesworth because he will play for England inside 3 years.

I think it’s time that the system was revamped so that counties that develop young players are recompensed when the player moves on to a wealthier county. Otherwise where’s the incentive for clubs to nurture home grown talent?

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #923 on: September 14, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »
Excellent win for Yorkshire in the Roses match with the double whammy of going above Lancashire, was convinced we were going down but given ourselves a more than good chance of staying up now.

Massive result for you, I think Lancs and Worcs are fucked now to be honest, unless the latter do something spectacular with the ball in the next half hour.

Going to be a real struggle next season I think, going to miss Jack Brooks in particular.

There do seem to have been a lot of questionable decisions made by the county in the last 18 months or so. It's pretty desperate that a county with 4 current England test players are in such a state but maybe that's the root (he he) cause. Either way it's a massive shame, I think Yorkshire are one of the 4 counties that you expect to see in div 1 (along with Warks, Lancs and Surrey).

You forgot to add Essex. With Ali Cook playing next season we will regain our title.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #924 on: September 14, 2018, 10:11:13 AM »

You forgot to add Essex. With Ali Cook playing next season we will regain our title.

Essex have a good team/squad but the ground holds you back. Middlesex are probably the big one that I missed but I really don't like them. I also probably over-estimate Warwickshire but considering when I started following the game in the early 90s I think it's fair to say that we've been excellent for most of the 25-26 years that I've been a supporter.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #925 on: September 14, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
You are right about the grounds Paul. Essex have historically played at smaller grounds in Chelmsford, Colchester, Ilford, Leyton and even Harlow for a one day game. None of them are impressive grounds. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #926 on: September 14, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »

Cheers for that CL and it will be interesting to see how they go next season.  Was speaking to someone about the Bears last night and they said Keith Barker was leaving at the end of the season.  Can't say I've heard or read anything about that and it would be a shame if true as I think he is a decent all rounder at county level and offers something different bowling left arm.  The person I was speaking to (plays cricket at a decent level so knows what he is on about) said his concern is that the bowling attack will look a bit too similar without Barker.     

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #927 on: September 14, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »
I'm a big Barker fan, would be sorry to see him go.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #928 on: September 14, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »

Me too and I think he gives the side a real balance.  As I say, I haven't seen anything about him leaving though and was just wondering if anyone else had.   

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #929 on: September 14, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »

Me too and I think he gives the side a real balance.  As I say, I haven't seen anything about him leaving though and was just wondering if anyone else had.   
I did hear he was only offered a one year deal and he wanted more. Have not heard anything about him leaving.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal