collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 11:57:29 AM]

Ollie Watkins by SamTheMouse
[Today at 11:57:15 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by sid1964
[Today at 11:56:55 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 11:44:42 AM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 11:23:45 AM]

Liverpool by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:08:34 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by darren woolley
[Today at 10:50:14 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 11:57:29 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by SamTheMouse
[Today at 11:57:15 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by sid1964
[Today at 11:56:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 11:55:56 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Mister E
[Today at 11:52:56 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:49:49 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by AV84
[Today at 11:47:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2018  (Read 120405 times)

Offline shirley_villan

Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2018
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »
A chastening experience for the Bears!  Crazy total by an average Leicester foxes team. Hannon-Dalby isn't the answer.  Olly Stone is needed back quickly!

I had a marvellous night at Edgbaston apart from the result. A friend won seats in the Bear Pit which included beer & food, a T20 shirt and a tour of the dressing rooms where I met Ashley Giles, Ian Bell and Grant Elliott. I also spoke to Ollie Stone who confirmed that he’s back from injury next week.

I thought two of the dropped catches were probably due to the conditions and picking up the white ball against the light background of the seats and also the floodlights. Bell’s drop was a difficult chance as he was running towards the boundary with the ball coming over his shoulder.

Ultimately they had a collective off night.

I've just won the same for Friday. Where were the seats mate?

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
A chastening experience for the Bears!  Crazy total by an average Leicester foxes team. Hannon-Dalby isn't the answer.  Olly Stone is needed back quickly!

I had a marvellous night at Edgbaston apart from the result. A friend won seats in the Bear Pit which included beer & food, a T20 shirt and a tour of the dressing rooms where I met Ashley Giles, Ian Bell and Grant Elliott. I also spoke to Ollie Stone who confirmed that he’s back from injury next week.

I thought two of the dropped catches were probably due to the conditions and picking up the white ball against the light background of the seats and also the floodlights. Bell’s drop was a difficult chance as he was running towards the boundary with the ball coming over his shoulder.

Congratulations, you will have a marvellous night.

The seats are in front of the Raglan stand, just next to the groundsman’s tunnel. They’re between the fence and the boundary foam triangle things. The picture will give you an idea and yes the cool box was full of beer!

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2018, 05:33:13 PM »

Congratulations, you will have a marvellous night.

The seats are in front of the Raglan stand, just next to the groundsman’s tunnel. They’re between the fence and the boundary foam triangle things. The picture will give you an idea and yes the cool box was full of beer!

Superb, looking forward to it. Cheers.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2018, 10:11:33 PM »
Yorkshire have signed Warwickshire spinner Josh Poysden on loan for one match. Gone down as well as you’d imagine with the supporters, Rafiq is a perfectly capable spinner and of course Rashid will be kicking his heels as he’s decided not to play red ball cricket.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
Yorkshire have signed Warwickshire spinner Josh Poysden on loan for one match. Gone down as well as you’d imagine with the supporters, Rafiq is a perfectly capable spinner and of course Rashid will be kicking his heels as he’s decided not to play red ball cricket.

i'm really mad about this, he should be in our squad in the conditions that currently exist not farming him out to another county. I'm not sure what issues currently exist at Yorkshire
but for one game if they are desperate get Rashid to temporarily suspend his self imposed ban on not playing red ball cricket. I think there is something more sinister afoot and
Yorks want a look at Josh in match conditions,which should suit Josh, with a view to signing him on a permanent basis maybe at the end of the season.
           He should have been playing in our T20 line up as well, as Bears have been struggling in the bowling department of late conceding over 200 runs easily.
Not a happy Bear.
Hermes delivery man just knocked door...my new Home and Away shirts arrived. Not bought a shirt since Acorns.....sorry i digress....

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2018, 10:56:41 AM »
Chris, do you think Rashid has burned his bridges with the Yorkshire support and is it likely he will leave the club?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
Chris, do you think Rashid has burned his bridges with the Yorkshire support and is it likely he will leave the club?

I do, certainly with the membership, until he decided not to play in a title deciding match a couple of seasons ago he was always very popular. I'm surprised Willey was given a new contract after he decided at the last minute to sign up for the IPL.

From what I can gather Poysden has played one match for Warwickshire this season so they're hardly going to miss him but I can't believe there isn't anybody in the squad (including Rashid) who could play instead of borrowing a player for one match.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #427 on: July 20, 2018, 05:11:55 AM »
Giles needs to look at the bowling in the T20 or the Bears won't qualify. OHD or Poysden? A no brainer, surely! Stupid decision to loan him out for one match....

Online Villan For Life

« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
Stone and Thomason are in the squad for tonight so they gives us a few more options.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2018, 05:31:28 AM »
Crazy match tied! Our bowling attack is getting really caned! Poor from Olly Stone this time. Can't help thinking that Josh Poysden would be a better bet with his pace off the ball? Great knock by Bell, why didn't Woakes play?? Root and Willey played for Yorkshire??
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:37:01 AM by Villafirst »

Online Villan For Life

« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2018, 07:03:36 AM »
I always cut the bowlers some slack in T20 cricket. The game is always dominated by batsmen, who’d be a bowler in this form of the game?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »
I always cut the bowlers some slack in T20 cricket. The game is always dominated by batsmen, who’d be a bowler in this form of the game?

Woakes would've made the difference I feel. What are ECB playing at not letting him play? Other England players are playing for their Counties in the T20??

Online Villan For Life

« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »

Woakes would've made the difference I feel. What are ECB playing at not letting him play? Other England players are playing for their Counties in the T20??

I imagine that they’re managing his rehab following his return from injury. The first test is less than two weeks away and they will want him fit and available for selection. All of which is tough on the Bears but such is life with central contracts.

Imagine in a few seasons when we could potentially be without Hain, Stone, Brookes and Woakes at the same time. It’s great to bring such talented players through the club but once England get them they’re like guest players to their home clubs.

Offline PGW

« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

I imagine that they’re managing his rehab following his return from injury. The first test is less than two weeks away and they will want him fit and available for selection. All of which is tough on the Bears but such is life with central contracts.

Imagine in a few seasons when we could potentially be without Hain, Stone, Brookes and Woakes at the same time. It’s great to bring such talented players through the club but once England get them they’re like guest players to their home clubs.
Woakes had just come off the back of a 4 day game for England Lions v India A and although he didn't bowl a massive amount of overs i suppose powers that be thought risk too great. He is though in championship side today.
Anyhow todays team at Lords for the 4 dayer is:
Rhodes, Sibley, Bell, Trott, Hain, Ambrose, Woakes, Patel, Sidebottom, Wright, OHD
Must confess i'd rather see him in our side with a red ball in his hand.
Middlesex won toss and are batting.

Offline PGW

« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2018, 11:11:47 AM »
Middx 17/1
Stirling Ct Bell b Wright 16

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal