collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If Onomah is the answer ...  (Read 11556 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: If Onomah is the answer ...
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
After a bright start yesterday he faded really badly but I’m not sure the ironic cheers as he went off helped no matter how right the decision was.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2018, 08:48:26 AM »
I was at the game and he was at best anonymous. He doesn't look like he wants to be with us to be honest.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
He started well enough, but he is not a left-sided player and struggled to use what ball he got.
When he moved into deeper, more central role after about 20minutes, he was sloppy with the ball and - I thought - added to the growing pressure on our defence; which ultimately led to the SW second goal.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2018, 09:41:54 AM »
He's poor and shouldn't be in the team.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »
I think he's a decent player but at the moment maybe better coming off the bench.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »
I seem to remember Snodgrass being accused by a few of not giving a shit back when he was struggling a couple of months ago. Fair enough to suggest that a player isn't playing well and therefore should be used less often if possible as seems to be the case with Onomah, but playing the lack of effort card is another leap.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
He's poor and shouldn't be in the team.

He definitely shouldn’t be playing left wing that’s for certain.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
the number  of  times all he had to do was  cross the ball and he kind  of  wants to just push the ball a  foot in front of him without knowing what to do next.  As a footballer poor, probably a good athlete  though

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »
I think he's a decent player but at the moment maybe better coming off the bench.

Not as easy to decide that if we're financially penalised by Spurs for not starting him.

Probably worth the risk of promotion without him featuring prominently than playing him just to save a couple of hundred thou you would have thought.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:51 PM »

Awful yesterday. But the absolutely moronic cheers when he got subbed were even more pathetic.

Online Clampy

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »

Not as easy to decide that if we're financially penalised by Spurs for not starting him.

Probably worth the risk of promotion without him featuring prominently than playing him just to save a couple of hundred thou you would have thought.

Why would we be financially penalised? We paid a loan fee for him. They can't fine us for not playing him.

Offline Risso

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »

Why would we be financially penalised? We paid a loan fee for him. They can't fine us for not playing him.

No, that sounds exceedingly unlikely. It’s more like there’s an unwritten agreement that he’ll play as much as possible and Bruce doesn’t want to upset Spurs.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »

No, that sounds exceedingly unlikely. It’s more like there’s an unwritten agreement that he’ll play as much as possible and Bruce doesn’t want to upset Spurs.

Personally I would love it if we upset Spurs.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
I think he's a decent player, but unlike Snodgrass who seems thrive on pressure and adversity, Onomah wilts and fades if things aren't going well and loses all his confidence.

Offline Risso

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2018, 01:34:01 PM »
I think he's a decent player, but unlike Snodgrass who seems thrive on pressure and adversity, Onomah wilts and fades if things aren't going well and loses all his confidence.

Which I suppose probably comes down to the extra 10 years of experience.  I just can't see any justification for playing him.  He's out of position, not in good form, and is keeping our own youngsters out of the squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal