collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If Onomah is the answer ...  (Read 11619 times)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: If Onomah is the answer ...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:18 AM »
He looked OK at the start of the season but has tailed off badly. Re O'Hare, how will we ever know he's ready if he never gets a chance?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »
The question is why isn't Callum O'Hare anywhere near the first team squad?

I've seen a fair amount of under 23s football.

Callum is a great prospect but he's miles away from being ready.

To be honest, he hasn't looked out of place on the occasions he has played for the first team. 

and you do play better with better players around you . Its like anything in life , If you play with some brilliant musicians it makes you play better and gives you inspiration.

So this would probably happen to O'Hare

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »

To be honest, he hasn't looked out of place on the occasions he has played for the first team.

Plus this is only the Championship not the Champions League, it’s a farce in this league to allow 7 subs on the bench & only one of them be eligible for u23s - how are players supposed to progress if they aren’t involved.  Let’s not forget that Davis only got his chance because he was the last fit striker in the club for that Norwich game & he embraced it & took his chance, admittedly he has hardly played well since but is still involved.

O’Hare could easily have been left out of u23’s on Monday, bench last night and then play for u23’s on Thursday

With Jedinak, Bjarnasson & Tuanzebe in the side I really cannot see why you need a fourth DM on bench in Whelan.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
If Onomah is the answer the question has to be.....who is really picking our starting 11 and subs? Is it Bruce or is it the management at the likes of spurs? Loan players should come with no conditions attached. If they're good enough they play, if they're not then they should not be involved certainly at the expense of our own young players.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »
Onomah is a complete waste of a shirt - why didn't we send him back in January?  I'd put Lansbury in instead of him for Saturday. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
I agree with Des. Totally disinterested just recently. I bet he thought he’d lead us back up and be a hero. Instead, he’s way behind Grealish in terms of class.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »
It's possible that we are also honouring something in our agreement with Spurs to play him x percentage of the time. Same would be with AT. In the end we are developing prospects from another club and we need to maintain those relationships which often means not being able to give our kids a chance.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
It's possible that we are also honouring something in our agreement with Spurs to play him x percentage of the time. Same would be with AT. In the end we are developing prospects from another club and we need to maintain those relationships which often means not being able to give our kids a chance.
This is it.

There is a risk that if we don't play a loanee, the loaning club are less likely to loan in the future and also word would get out, so other clubs then become reticent about loaning to us.  So effectively it means you have to be good at identifying your targets in the first place.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »

I thought he was poor against Peterborough and Middlesbrough in the cup matches.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 12:40:46 PM »
Walthamstow Avenue F.C. have put a bid in. - good news for football they are defunct   He will end up the same way as the Moore brothers or the likes of Ivor Linton not really making it

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »
He's clearly in poor form, but I don't think he's a poor player. I think he's young and is going through a dip and any perceived lethargy can probably be attributed to a lack of confidence.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
He is disinterested and lacks concentration, movement, effort and desire. Other than that he is ok.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
More creative / amusing questions that have the answer "Onomah", please ...

Offline Diablo

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 01:44:11 PM »
I've no doubt that there's definitely a good player in there. Not sure if his playing style helps sometimes (in a similar way to the criticism Jack used to get off fans - but we always knew that he was a good player) but I don't dispute his form has dipped considerably in his time with us and I'd personally much rather see O'Hare given an opportunity at present.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »
He's a holding player and has no business being in front of Jedinak or BB.

Agree completely about him being a holding player which begs the question, since his arrival, why have we played him in every midfield position except the holding position and why are we surprised he's failed to deliver?

For you question, Dave, name the current Aston Villa squad member that has won both the European Championship (U17s) and the World Cup (U20s) as a holding midfield player?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal