collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves  (Read 15074 times)

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2019
Re: Wolves
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
Some joker on Talksport reckons Wolves will finish 10th next season.

Best odds you can get on them to finish top half is 6/5, so tenth doesn't seem particularly fanciful.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »

Best odds you can get on them to finish top half is 6/5, so tenth doesn't seem particularly fanciful.

If that was the call to Talksport I heard yesterday then I think the presenter (I  can't remember who it was) suggested they should stay up quite comfortably but top half would be a big ask. Which is an opinion I totally agree with.

Online Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »

If that was the call to Talksport I heard yesterday then I think the presenter (I  can't remember who it was) suggested they should stay up quite comfortably but top half would be a big ask. Which is an opinion I totally agree with.

I dunno, I think you can get top ten with about 44 points in the Premier League now. I'd say that's quite doable.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
Burnley have qualified for Europe. Newcastle, Bournemouth, Southampton and West Brom (!) have finished in the top half in the last couple of seasons. There are six good teams in the Premier League, then the rest is much of a muchness. I don't think Wolves will go down, but they could be anywhere between 7th and 17th, as could about half of the league.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:32:38 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online Dave

• GM : 28.01.2019
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2018, 12:09:50 PM »
I don't think Wolves will go down, but they could be anywhere between 7th and 17th, as could about half of the league.

Half of league quite literally will finish between 7th and 17th ;)

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »
Damn you with your bloody facts. 😡

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 30.07.2019
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »
I have the dubious pleasure of living in Wolverhampton and in the main their fans think that they will win the champions league within the next few years.

The mind boggles.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
  • GM : 01.01.2015
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »
I have the dubious pleasure of living in Wolverhampton and in the main their fans think that they will win the champions league within the next few years.

The mind boggles.

The rest think they'll just be given it.

Offline Rico

« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
I've never met a Wolves fan, and since I moved up to Lancashire I never expected to encounter one. Yet last night I was in a pub in Littleborough, Rochdale and there in all his glory was this right fat bastard, with the dog head top on. He looked to be about 80 and my god he stunk. He absolutely reaked! I just thought I'd share that with you all!

Offline JD

• GM : 09.01.2019
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »
Being a Doghead he had probably been rolling in his own s#*t. ;)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »
Interesting read here. As the thread title says, 'Villa (not obsessed though)' and overall, they're not. Well informed about us though.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »

The mind boggles.

It's spreading to other parts of the country now.  Adrian Durham on Talksport earlier was asking if they are the best team to ever get promoted to the Premier League and said that if they had a top striker they would finish in the top four this season.

It was also pointed out that they had more Portuguese players in their team at the weekend than Porto and Sporting Lisbon had in their respective sides!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »

The mind boggles.

It's spreading to other parts of the country now.  Adrian Durham on Talksport earlier was asking if they are the best team to ever get promoted to the Premier League and said that if they had a top striker they would finish in the top four this season.

It was also pointed out that they had more Portuguese players in their team at the weekend than Porto and Sporting Lisbon had in their respective sides!!

Blackburn finished fourth in their first Premier League season, second in their second season and won the title in their third. So if Wolves win the title this year or next I will concede they are the best team to be promoted in the Premier League era. If they win the title and league cup this season, retain the league cup and win the European Cup the following season and then retain the European Cup the season after that I will acknowledge they are on a par with Clough's Forest.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:40 PM »
When they win it next year then they are only on par with Leicester. They should be looking for it this year tbh.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
  • GM : 01.01.2015
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2018, 09:10:51 PM »
How do you define 'best team to get promoted' anyway? If we just scrape through the play-offs, then spend a billion pounds on a dozen new players we could have the Premier League won by March but it wouldn't make the team that went up any better.