collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Preston: Pre-match Thread  (Read 16846 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Aston Villa v Preston: Pre-match Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »
I get that it's midweek, some fans can't afford every game etc but you can't tell me we haven't got at least 33k fans who can afford to go tomorrow night? Sunderland are getting 27k and they're dreadful. If they were in our position they'd be getting at least 35k tomorrow. For a club of our size sitting 3rd in the league, 28k is poor.

It will be reasonably higher than 28k so untwist your knickers.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2018, 08:34:07 AM »
It sounds to me like qv is criticising the home support again. What a surprise!
Or I'm discussing it and giving my opinion on a forum, the same as others are. I'm not the only one saying it. How about giving your opinion on the matter rather than posting with no substance?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2018, 08:44:18 AM »
My use of the word "again" gives substance to my post. Check your previous.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2018, 08:46:34 AM »
Come on Villa let's get back to winning ways again tonight and give your great support another 3 points to cheer. UTV.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »
Come on Villa let's get back to winning ways again tonight and give your great support another 3 points to cheer. UTV.

Totally agree mate. Any win will do tomorrow.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2018, 12:12:11 PM »
Or I'm discussing it and giving my opinion on a forum, the same as others are. I'm not the only one saying it. How about giving your opinion on the matter rather than posting with no substance?

It is your thing, though, isn't it - criticising our support?

My opinion is that you worry too much about it. Who gives a fuck what crowds Sunderland get? Really?

Just enjoy the match and the fact we're at least winning games on a regular basis.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »

My opinion is that you worry too much about it. Who gives a fuck what crowds Sunderland get? Really?

Just enjoy the match and the fact we're at least winning games on a regular basis.

Seconded.

Also just to note, Stadium of Light capacity is up near 49,000. I've been there, sat amongst the home crowd, and can safely say even if they filled it to the brim they would still have worse support than our lot with 28,000 bums on seats at Villa Park.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
If Albert & Jack are still sidelined, I can't say I'm feeling particularly optimistic about us snaffling all 3 points this evening. With our lack of midfield creativity allied to PNE's organisation and resilience, I can envisage a game of few chances - with possibly the odd goal. A point wouldn't be the end of the world (for either side), but how we could do with hitting straight back after a disappointing weekend.

I'll go 1-1 (whilst praying for some impending good news about Grealish & Adomah), but hopefully we'll find a way of nickin' it.

UTV

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »

2-0

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2018, 02:04:04 PM »
If Albert & Jack are still sidelined, I can't say I'm feeling particularly optimistic about us snaffling all 3 points this evening. With our lack of midfield creativity allied to PNE's organisation and resilience, I can envisage a game of few chances - with possibly the odd goal. A point wouldn't be the end of the world (for either side), but how we could do with hitting straight back after a disappointing weekend.

I'll go 1-1 (whilst praying for some impending good news about Grealish & Adomah), but hopefully we'll find a way of nickin' it.

UTV

Grealish obviously makes a big difference but we have won plenty of games without him before so it is just up to the others to step up if he is not there.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »

Seconded.

Also just to note, Stadium of Light capacity is up near 49,000. I've been there, sat amongst the home crowd, and can safely say even if they filled it to the brim they would still have worse support than our lot with 28,000 bums on seats at Villa Park.
Hmm.  It's nice to have rose tinted spectacles but this is a bit much.  Our away support is really good, but frankly our home support is pretty average and can be very quiet indeed.  And then when we do sing it's invariably the toe curling "shit support m'Lord"  Hardly anything to shout home about.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

Seconded.

Hmm.  It's nice to have rose tinted spectacles but this is a bit much.  Our away support is really good, but frankly our home support is pretty average and can be very quiet indeed.  And then when we do sing it's invariably the toe curling "shit support m'Lord"  Hardly anything to shout home about.

Have you been to Sunderland though? Worst home support I've ever experienced, and that includes the City of Manchester before it was the Etihad. My point wasn't that Villa's home support is always great (I agree with part of what you're saying) but that Sunderland's is even worse. We're getting off-topic, but that was in response to QV.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »
so is there any news  / press conference etc?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2018, 02:37:57 PM »
Fair enough ATAL.  Not been there but always thought they had decent support.  Maybe one of those NE myths like Newcastle being a massive club.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
I was always under the impression that they did a very generous thing and gave a lot of tickets away to local schools etc to fill some of the seats

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal