collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 14991 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
Today showed the manager isn’t making best use of his squad rather than a commentary on squad depth. Bruce showed that when faced with a specific level of competition he too often lacks faith in himself and his team.

I think it also shows that there is no real plan B.  Over the last month or so we have picked up wins away from home by being solid and relying on someone to produce a moment of magic to win us the game.  It has worked well for us recently, but it is very much reliant on us keeping a clean sheet.  If the opposition score, particularly in the second half, I always feel we are going to struggle to get anything out of the game.

Tuesday is going to be important now. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Bolton and Hull all coming up away from home. Got to be won. I can't see us beating Preston but hope for the best.  Poor today but hope it's just a blip against a rival.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »
Let hope SB will get a bullocking for defensive approach from Villa board.

Offline Villaininexile

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
Solid first half, but never going in the second. The loss of Elmo was crucial as almost all of the danger came down the right. Thought Adel was superb in the first half. Would be intrigued to see him as a holding midfielder though, as look to me like he could be superb there.

Offline erniemagoo

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »
My main worry is if we get promoted who is going to be the manager and how are we going to move these players on.  Because Steve Bruce is not a premier league manager and three quarters of this squad are not premier league quality.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2018, 08:59:30 PM »
My main worry is if we get promoted who is going to be the manager and how are we going to move these players on.  Because Steve Bruce is not a premier league manager and three quarters of this squad are not premier league quality.

Bruce is okay as a Premier League manager if you take into account the two-bob shithouse clubs he’s managed in it. You wouldn’t call any of them PL clubs with the possible exception of Sunderland, and that’s debatable.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2018, 08:59:58 PM »
Lesson 1 Snoddy is our best player (Jack close) don’t fuck about with his position

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2018, 09:26:24 PM »
Just home.  Pity the poor sods going home via Euston.

First half we looked uninspiring but comfortable.  The second half was as bad as anything I have seen all season.  All the vices came back to haunt us.  Lying too deep, unable to win the second ball, hoofing it long and over Hogan's head, conceded a comedy goal, sloppy passing, unforced errors, substitutions made far too late.  Nearly a third of the crowd Villa and in he second half we did not have a single thing to cheer.  Referee what we have come to expect in this division.  Bitterly disappointing.  Tiny, tiny glimmer of comfort was Axel Tuesday looks the business.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2018, 09:28:14 PM »
Christ, will we ever win at Fulham again! The great day out is always spoilt by the footy. I thought at half time we were so comfortable and Fulham had no idea. Hutton fell asleep for the first goal and well the second was just crazy. We didn't have a plan B. Bruce seems great at closing a game out when winning. Chasing a game is a very different story. Tues night is now so important.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »
Nearly a third of the crowd Villa and in he second half we did not have a single thing to cheer. 
Tiny, tiny glimmer of comfort was Axel Tuesday looks the business.
It was only when our fans stopped singing in the second half that I heard the booing of Terry by the home fans. Presumably that had gone on all through the game.

I agree about Tuanzebe. He was strong, composed and confident. Whether right back is the best position for him remains to be seen but he's certainly worth a starting place somewhere in the team on Tuesday.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2018, 10:40:43 PM »
7 wins on the bounce,2nd in the league, we had 2 important players out granted,but we approached that game with utter fear. This is what pisses me off about Bruce.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
Well we go again. Need an immediate bounce back vs Preston. Right from the off we need to be into them. That’s starts with the manager and the squad he picks and the attitude we set out with. There’s lots to suggest at VP he will play positively. So let’s get back on the horse and win on Tuesday. We can be in second again as Derby and Cardiff both play on Wednesday.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »
Agree TV but he must learn to be positive.  We must set out to dominate not to contain.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
Agree TV but he must learn to be positive.  We must set out to dominate not to contain.

Yes Brian and especially away from home and against all opposition. Can’t just do it at Villa Park.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »
We had won seven on the trot we should have gone there with a lot of confidence even with two good players out, he set up the team as if we were the underdogs it is typical Bruce. Surely the way to approach the game was to replace the missing players with the nearest like for like we have and leave the rest of the players in the positions they had been playing well in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal