collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 14873 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2018, 06:47:24 AM »
As i sat there watching plane after plane fly over  - this was far more interesting than the football played by our lot

Thought Axel did well first half, second half they pushed on their full backs who were too quick for the likes of Hutton.

i said to my wife (who enjoyed watching the planes) that if we had to play Fulham in the play off final that with their pace and style of passing football they will beat us at Wembley.

We created zero, their goal keeper did not have a save to make, very disappointing, just hope we beat Preston.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »
I bet you miss the Bovril Sid.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »
I can forgive him a cock-up. It happens.

Certainly happened to one of his predecessors quite a lot, Mr Stefan Postma.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »
Not read the thread but basically thought we were crap. We missed Grealish a lot and I’m hoping he’s going to be back sooner rather than later.
What was going on with a small amount of our fans? I thought compared to other seasons at Craven Cottage we had a small following of knob heads. This started at a pub in Fulham Broadway when I was chatting to a Chelsea fan about John Terry, after I had said to the Chelsea fan I live in Cornwall I had two Villa fans give me evil looks followed by derogatory comments aimed at my wife. We then headed to Putney and the attitude and rudeness from some fans in the pub was embarrassing. I’ve since heard that a group of Villa fans who again don’t live in Brum were verbally abused. Also while waiting for a pint at HT two lads openly snorting a substance off there bank cards.
On a plus side I had a great night out in Hammersmith in Saturday night. We really need to bounce back tomorrow and get nothing but 3 points.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
I've only just seen Fulhams second goal - that was extremely poor from the keeper.Many have commented this season on how his kicking has not been that good - you would think the coaching staff would be working on this defficiency. I accept that mistakes do happen but at this level you would think the keeper would be able to kick long and accurately or play it short and work the flanks- one of the basics taught at an early level is not to play the ball across the face of the goal mouth, particularly when the goal is open

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
If you are going to lose a game , it might have well be away against with fuham with your two of your main men out .

Not sure what SB plan B's ever are , he needs to get some of our youngsters bloodied on the bench .
If Thor had scored earlier it might have been different and he put a lovely ball through to Hogan who should have hit the target .
Houriane looks slow at tracking back .
axel was in the right place most of the time which shows he will be a top player just not ours , not sure Odamah ever will be.
oh and at least that might knock a million off Johnstone  . He still made some decent saves after I thought.
Need a win tomorrow , hope Jack is back . Not sure I like Elmo where he was and Snodgrass .

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
For me, this game reminded me too much of what we were like in much of the first half of the season. We just about did enough first half but once we went a goal down, there didn't seem much likelihood of us getting back into the game.

I know there's been a lot made of our run coinciding with Agnew joining us (and it has indeed been a positive move), my own feeling is that it was Grealish's return to the side and the form that he's been in that has made all of the difference. Without him on the pitch, we looked devoid of ideas or ability to trouble Fulham.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »
Not read the thread but basically thought we were crap. We missed Grealish a lot and I’m hoping he’s going to be back sooner rather than later.
What was going on with a small amount of our fans? I thought compared to other seasons at Craven Cottage we had a small following of knob heads. This started at a pub in Fulham Broadway when I was chatting to a Chelsea fan about John Terry, after I had said to the Chelsea fan I live in Cornwall I had two Villa fans give me evil looks followed by derogatory comments aimed at my wife. We then headed to Putney and the attitude and rudeness from some fans in the pub was embarrassing. I’ve since heard that a group of Villa fans who again don’t live in Brum were verbally abused. Also while waiting for a pint at HT two lads openly snorting a substance off there bank cards.
On a plus side I had a great night out in Hammersmith in Saturday night. We really need to bounce back tomorrow and get nothing but 3 points.

Hi St A AVFC - I have sent you a message - cheers VCTM

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »

Thanks, agree alot.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2018, 03:04:37 PM »

Thanks, agree alot.

sorry to hear this, we had a few beers in East Putney and the atmosphere was great, just a few old men enjoying some very expensive beer :)

and yes we do have some clowns following us away from home, that is why we usually as a group have a few beers and food away from the main drag.

UTV
The Doc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal