collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 14990 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »
It's restricted him to four promotions.

We weren't fearful or negative, just crap in the second half.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
I thought Taunzebe was excellent. I can see him making it into their first team squad very soon but hoping they will think he is not good enough and we can sign him at the end of his loan spell.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
Wishful thinking on Axel, Olaftab. If we're looking for a new right back and Fulham fail to go up, Ryan Fredericks would certainly top of my list.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
Extended highlights

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Extended highlights

Watched that earlier. It’s all I’ve seen of the game but gives the impression that it was pretty even, with us improving, until the goal. Then a mad fuck-up. So that’s left me not too disheartened.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »
First half we comfortably contained them whilst creating a couple of half chances. Second half Fulham played with a lot more urgency and we struggled to cope. They're a very good side who had the best XI all fit and a bench to support it. Worst possible time to have played them. They're a very good footballing side.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »
First half we comfortably contained them whilst creating a couple of half chances. Second half Fulham played with a lot more urgency and we struggled to cope. They're a very good side who had the best XI all fit and a bench to support it. Worst possible time to have played them. They're a very good footballing side.
Yes. We were very disciplined and energetic in the first half; Tuanzebe played really well against Sessegnon and we restricted Fulham to a couple of chances. Second half they not only upped their game, they also had much more movement from Sessegnon and their #11. Hourihane and Bjarni just faded out of the game; Onomah amde no impact whatsoever and Fulham could have scored more.
As others have said, despite losing Adomah and Grealish before the game, I think the manager could have given himself more options off the bench because once we were 1-0 down, there was very little to bring on to chase the game with.

The results away against Fulham, Derby, Wolves and Cardiff do paint a concerning picture of conservatism, caution and lack of imagination. If we are in the play-offs, will this guy really have the balls to win a two-leg competition?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
Away Games against the “better” teams in this division have been a worry. Playoffs not sure we will get the result(s) we need, but we have enough home games v teams by us to sort this. I do think it’s in our hands. Win Tuesday & we go with confidence to Sheffield.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2018, 07:01:11 PM »
Small margins. The Johnstone error did it for us. If that had not happened and Hogan had shown a bit more composure game would have ended 1-1.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2018, 07:04:17 PM »
Wishful thinking on Axel, Olaftab. If we're looking for a new right back and Fulham fail to go up, Ryan Fredericks would certainly top of my list.
Yes probably.  And we need their Manager as well if both teams fail to go up.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »
Small margins. The Johnstone error did it for us. If that had not happened and Hogan had shown a bit more composure game would have ended 1-1.

Apart from without the Johnstone error that Hogan chance would never have happened as the whole game would have been different from that point onwards  :P

The error did kill us though.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
Yes true. Games take a different path after crucial incidents. The ball can end up anywhere as Sam found out.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »
Stupid mistakes destroy morale on the pitch.  Stupid mistakes by your goalkeeper are the worst kind.  Kept to 0-1 we could have thrown the kitchen sink at them for the draw.  Once Johnstone gifted them the cushion of the second goal heads went down and we were a beaten side.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2018, 10:15:52 PM »
One defeat isn't a problem but today, for me, highlighted why the bench for the last 3-4 games was so wrong.  If o'hare, green or rhm had been given time on the bench, been around the first team and had a few cameos we'd have been able to replace Grealish and Adomah with like for like players (in style not talent).  By flooding the bench with defensive players we had no one ready to come in and ended up with a midfield that looked defensive on paper and surprised no one on the pitch.

Agreed.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Good day out and a understandable first 45 minutes from a changed team missing its creative spark and main creator, but it would have been nice to see Bruce go for it in the second half with Grabban being the sub and move Barney back, this is what is so annoying about Bruce, he reverts to type and that is what scares me if we do go up and he stays as boss, his mentality away from home against teams around us is disgraceful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal