Heroes & Villains > Match Threads & Player Ratings

Fulham 2-0 Aston Villa post match thread

(1/32) > >>

Toronto Villa:
I’ll kick this off. We got what we deserved. When the team was announced we were all concerned. And so it proved. Bruce sent out the side with a keep it tight approach and inevitably we let them have 70% of the possession at times. It was only ever going to end one way over the course of the game.

There was simply no need on th back 7 wins, even with Grealish and Adomah out to set up this way. We may still have lost by attaching. That’s fine. But playing not to win is unacceptable.

Nastylee:
Let's not under estimate the impact that losing our leading goalscorer and probably our most influential player of the last two months can have.

SoccerHQ:
Simply beaten by the better team.

Our line up was negative but ultimately we aren't PSG or Real Madrid. If we lose two of our best and inform players we will struggle to replace them.

It's alright people saying likes of Green and Grabban should've started today. Green has played one game since August. Grabban hasn't started a game since December.

Bjarni and Hogan have done well since xmas so those were two obvious selections unless I've missed something.

We've done well to win our previous seven so some perspective would be welcome although I fear that will be lost given some of the comments in the match thread.

Nastylee:
The run had to end somewhere. I'll be more despondent if we're in this mood at 10pm on Tuesday.

PeterWithesShin:
Very disappointing, a defeat isn't the end of the world but the manner was reminiscent of too many away games against decent sides under Bruce. Only positive is that it was only 2-0. We were okay first half, second half we were outplayed everywhere. Need to win Tuesday and show this as a one off and not the start of yet another winless run under Bruce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version