collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham - Pubs for the consumption of Ale Thereupon...  (Read 7760 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Fulham - Pubs for the consumption of Ale Thereupon...
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »
Any assistance with decent recommendations would be most welcome.  I have heard close to Fulham Broadway there are a few.

Offline villan from luton

Re: Fulham - Pubs for the consumption of Ale Thereupon...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »
Eight Bells near Putney is excellent atmosphere

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
I used to live in Putney, but it's been six years, so some of this might be no longer applicable.
The Eight Bells is round the corner as you come out of Putney Bridge tube station and was traditionally a pub used by away fans. Some of the pubs on the Fulham Road (up on to the bridge and right), you used to have to prove you were a home supporter to get in, but I can't remember which ones. There's a big pub that way called the Temperance.

If you go the other way and cross the bridge towards Putney, there's a few pubs when you turn right on to Lower Richmond Road overlooking the river and a few on the high street and its side streets - my favourite back then was the Coat and Badge, just off the high street by Barclays, on Lacy Road. There's another nice little pub further on down that road too, the Jolly Gardeners.
As for the high street, there's the Spotted Horse about three-quarters of the way up, the Fox & Hounds and a Wetherspoons on the corner of Upper Richmond Road.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »
The eight bells is always full of Villa fans

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »
the Crabtree, on the bank of the Thames is the best pub around.

Offline villa and proud

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
London's most irrelevant club, Fulham.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »
The Crabtree been going there every time we play Fulham nice pub good atmosphere and big beer garden.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »

If you go the other way and cross the bridge towards Putney, there's a few pubs when you turn right on to Lower Richmond Road overlooking the river and a few on the high street and its side streets - my favourite back then was the Coat and Badge, just off the high street by Barclays, on Lacy Road. There's another nice little pub further on down that road too, the Jolly Gardeners.
As for the high street, there's the Spotted Horse about three-quarters of the way up, the Fox & Hounds and a Wetherspoons on the corner of Upper Richmond Road.

Drove to London after the Blues game last Sunday and funnily enough ended up in the Spotted Horse for a drink and meal. Nice pub. I checked with the lady who served us if football fans are welcome and they are, including away. I warned her there would be an invasion of Brummies in a few days!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
London's most irrelevant club, Fulham.

London's best club, as far as I am concerned.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 03:26:19 PM »
Seconded. A great bunch of lads. If they'd ever let us win there, I'd like them even more.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
Coat & Badge and Jolly Gardener are both very good pubs but doubt they will have much of a football crowd (certainly not away fans) as they're just that little bit off Putney High Street (especially the Jolly Gardeners). They're also both primarily rugby clubs although no 6 nations this weekend will mean there's no clash.
The Spotted Horse (on Putney High Street) is an ok pub - no screens or anything like that but decent enough space to get a couple of pints in.
I've never been to the Eight Bells but that is always full of away fans so i'd probably recommend that to be honest.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
The Crabtree been going there every time we play Fulham nice pub good atmosphere and big beer garden.
That's where I'm going too!

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 04:51:22 PM »
Do try Monty’s Nepalese on the Fulham Road (10 or 15 minutes walk from the ground). Second in my all-time curry houses list.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
Seconded. A great bunch of lads. If they'd ever let us win there, I'd like them even more.

Agreed. Never seen us win at the Cottage, only once when they played at Loftus Rd in 2004.

Still my favourite away game, and it's a 30-40 minute walk from my house. Which is why I am gutted to miss it tomorrow.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 05:53:53 PM »
Aye. Two  of the nearest grounds to me are Brentford and Fulham, and I've had to miss both.

Still, at least there is still Millwall.  :/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal