collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boxing 2018  (Read 27690 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Boxing 2018
« Reply #210 on: December 23, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
Whyte and Chisora produced another must see fight and the finish was brutal.  I think they have both really come on both in and out of the ring over the past couple of years, to the point where I find it quite hard to dislike either of them really.

Although he got knocked out badly in the end, that is as good as I have seen Chisora in his entire career.  I though the SKY commentary was very biased towards Whyte (Carl Froch was particularly one eyed, having Whyte up by four rounds) and that was proved when the two of the scorecards had Chisora up by two points even after having had two points taken off. 

The next moves on the heavyweight scene will be interesting.  Whyte might have to wait again for a title shot if Joshua lands a fight with Wilder in April. Maybe a split from Eddie Hearn could be on the cards and he could end up as Wilder's next opponent. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2018, 09:30:24 AM »
Nice win for Charlie Edwards.

He was excellent.  You could see what it meant to him at the end.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
Whyte and Chisora produced another must see fight and the finish was brutal.  I think they have both really come on both in and out of the ring over the past couple of years, to the point where I find it quite hard to dislike either of them really.

Although he got knocked out badly in the end, that is as good as I have seen Chisora in his entire career.  I though the SKY commentary was very biased towards Whyte (Carl Froch was particularly one eyed, having Whyte up by four rounds) and that was proved when the two of the scorecards had Chisora up by two points even after having had two points taken off. 

The next moves on the heavyweight scene will be interesting.  Whyte might have to wait again for a title shot if Joshua lands a fight with Wilder in April. Maybe a split from Eddie Hearn could be on the cards and he could end up as Wilder's next opponent. 

Yes, it's all getting interesting now, with various permutations all looking possible.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2018, 10:38:01 AM »
If the Wilder versus AJ fight doesn't come off, wasn't Hearn saying that Whyte becomes a mandatory defence for AJ? It looks like it will happen one way or the other?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
If the Wilder versus AJ fight doesn't come off, wasn't Hearn saying that Whyte becomes a mandatory defence for AJ? It looks like it will happen one way or the other?

He looked a bit uncomfortable talking about it really as Joshua is his cash cow and he will obviously look after his interests above those of Whyte.  As I said, if I was Whyte, I would look at the possibility of going under a new promoter, bypassing Joshua and trying to secure a fight with Wilder in America next.  I think he would have a decent chance of beating Wilder to be honest. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal