collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 11:28:16 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:27:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:24:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 11:21:58 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 22394 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Sunderland
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »
Supply and demand and as long as it’s face value I don’t see a problem
I’ve benefited by getting tickets on here and have also helped a few out all at face value
Sometimes things happen and to have to return tickets to villa can be more hassle than it’s worth as not everyone lives next to villa park

But there is no demand for Sunderland. We have about 1900 tickets left and it is down to 1 away.

In the right spirit, it is not a problem. Where I disagree is the constant obsession with bumping up client history. There is one poster who is on here nearly every away thread offering client refs. Also, Sunderland has no need for client refs whatsoever. You have every away game on yours - What difference does it make if you get Sunderland on it or not?

Personally, I'm too old and ugly to be bothered about missing any Villa game these days. However, I do feel for the younger, more enthusiastic fans as I know how much missing a Villa game was to me when I was younger.

Offline carl9368

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
I’ll be at Sunderland but there are others in the away scheme who can’t return tickets
What should they do with them ?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2018, 04:42:53 PM »
I’ll be at Sunderland but there are others in the away scheme who can’t return tickets
What should they do with them ?

I'm not on about returning tickets, I'm on about offering references. You offered 4 references, not 4 tickets.

Offline carl9368

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Same thing probably didn’t make it that clear

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2018, 05:04:41 PM »
Approaching 1000 sold. Would expect there will be 1500-1600 left when it hits general sale a week Friday.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
At the end of the day, people can do what they like with their own references, they pay enough.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
At the end of the day, people can do what they like with their own references, they pay enough.

And indeed they do. However, it is not the club's intention for any Tom Dick and harry to purchase tickets - That's why you need a client reference. This is why people were concerned about the Blues game.

It is for the club to tighten down on the abuse of client refs and this could easily be done by allowing the person who holds the ticket to have the away match attributed to their reference. It would discourage the loaning out of client references.

It would only take one serious incident to happen and the perpetrator not being the person who is registered as purchasing the match ticket for problems to arise for the club.

Not only does it deprive genuine fans from obtaining tickets but it also exposes the club to potential problems if something kicks off.

Online Clampy

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
But until anything changes, people can do what they like with their refs within reason. I know I will.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:45 PM »
But until anything changes, people can do what they like with their refs within reason. I know I will.

You are actually issued your ticket subject to terms and conditions. The club are also bound by the rules and regulations of the FA.

Are you saying you are happy to ignore these terms, conditions, rules and regulations and put 2 fingers up to the club?

Is running on the pitch OK with you as well? How about away fans sitting in the Hole End?

These restrictions are in place for a reason, good reason at that.

Online Clampy

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2018, 06:14:27 PM »
Comparing running on to the pitch to giving a friend a reference is bit of a lame argument to say the least.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
Comparing running on to the pitch to giving a friend a reference is bit of a lame argument to say the least.

Who compared it to giving a friend a reference? That's the first time you've mentioned that.

So now you're saying that your "doing what you like with references" actually means that you sometimes give it to a friend?

I wish you'd make your mind up.

The fact is, there are conditions that you agreed to adhere to. Your idea of what is within reason is different to the next mans. This is why someone has to stipulate the T&Cs and why they ought to be adhered to. Currently, the T&Cs do not include the phrase "within reason" and you don't know what other peoples "friends" are like do you?

Online Clampy

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2018, 06:26:45 PM »

Who compared it to giving a friend a reference? That's the first time you've mentioned that.

So now you're saying that your "doing what you like with references" actually means that you sometimes give it to a friend?

The fact is, there are conditions that you agreed to adhere to. Your idea of what is within reason is different to the next mans. This is why someone has to stipulate the T&Cs and why they ought to be adhered to. Currently, the T&Cs do not include the phrase "within reason" and you don't know what other peoples "friends" are like do you?

You did day 'Is running on the pitch ok with you as well' so I presumed you comparing the two.

I'm bored now. It's my reference, I'll do what I like with it. That's something you'll just have to get over, if you can.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »

You did day 'Is running on the pitch ok with you as well' so I presumed you comparing the two.

I'm bored now. It's my reference, I'll do what I like with it. That's something you'll just have to get over, if you can.

I'm bored to.

I doubt you actually do anything with your reference anyway.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2018, 06:29:04 PM »
Can we please bring this to an end now?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:20 PM »
My reference has fuck all aways on it for this season. I guarantee I will find a Millwall one if needed though. And possibly through here.

(Is first to claim a spare for Millwall).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal