collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 22366 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Sunderland
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
I often use references from season ticket holders on here to get away tickets ( to supplement the meagre offering that the London Lions get from the club). I don't see myself as a sucker though, it's more a case of quid pro quo and I'm very grateful. They know who they are and they do a great service

Anyone who uses a reference for Sunderland is a sucker though. It will go to general sale and most on here claim it isn't even going to sell out.

Why the need to be exploited to the detriment of your own client history just to boost someone elses?

Morally, the using of someone elses reference is wrong anyway because in games of high demand, it is depriving someone of a ticket who has traveled to more away games. Ideally, I would like the club to provide a facility where whoever is in physical possession of the match ticket can have that ticket allotted to their own history. There's no point in having a reference system if it isn't worked properly and people like you will always miss out on games with high demands because the fat cat who has fed you references all season will want to venture to the big game himself.

I’ve never missed a Villa game I’ve wanted the see

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
I often use references from season ticket holders on here to get away tickets ( to supplement the meagre offering that the London Lions get from the club). I don't see myself as a sucker though, it's more a case of quid pro quo and I'm very grateful. They know who they are and they do a great service

Anyone who uses a reference for Sunderland is a sucker though. It will go to general sale and most on here claim it isn't even going to sell out.

Why the need to be exploited to the detriment of your own client history just to boost someone elses?

Morally, the using of someone elses reference is wrong anyway because in games of high demand, it is depriving someone of a ticket who has traveled to more away games. Ideally, I would like the club to provide a facility where whoever is in physical possession of the match ticket can have that ticket allotted to their own history. There's no point in having a reference system if it isn't worked properly and people like you will always miss out on games with high demands because the fat cat who has fed you references all season will want to venture to the big game himself.

I’ve never missed a Villa game I’ve wanted the see

Nor me, other than Sunderland in 1975 when I was locked out.

If you go to more than 1 away game then there is no need whatsoever for you to rely on other people. You can get these tickets on your own reference - You really don't need to use other peoples. Fulham, Brentford, QPR, Reading were all either general sale or 1 away. I wonder if you'll get Millwall tickets as easily if we need a point to secure 2nd place?

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Thanks for the advice. See you at The Den then

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice. See you at The Den then

It's nothing to gloat about pal. If and it's a big if, you do get tickets for the Den, you will be depriving some genuine away fan of a ticket. Are you suggesting that there are people out there who get their client references up to 10+ just so the likes of you can benefit whenever Villa are in London? How very strange.

Reply #4:

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=57904.0

Priceless - So much for the super connections.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:16:52 PM by Brassneck »

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
I’ll be there chief, thanks for your concern though

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »
QPR  tickets weren’t for me kidda

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
Blues tickets weren’t for me kidda

Re-Read it

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
Anyway, I’ll leave it there. No point getting your tits in a twist my friend

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2018, 12:21:59 PM »

The only way you'll be there is if you're in with the home fans.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2018, 12:25:52 PM »

Your stay on here will be a lot longer and happier if you stop picking arguments with all and sundry.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »

Your stay on here will be a lot longer and happier if you stop picking arguments with all and sundry.

I think if you re-read the thread, you will see that I have merely responded to people who have dug me out. I have had reprehensible suggestions that I will be drinking and driving at Sunderland, based purely on the fact that I stated you can stop off in a picturesque village. I made no reference to alcohol yet have been told not to kill anyone.

I don't want to argue with anyone and I have certainly not picked an argument with anyone.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »
Of course. They all pick arguments with you.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
I've got 15 aways and only been to 1 in person. I'll come and buy you a pint at The Den.*

*As long as you are not driving...that would be morally wrong.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »
I've got 15 aways and only been to 1 in person. I'll come and buy you a pint at The Den.*

*As long as you are not driving...that would be morally wrong.

I promise I won't be driving. You bringing cockney with you? I haven't seen him since the 70s.

Offline carl9368

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2018, 03:00:33 PM »
Supply and demand and as long as it’s face value I don’t see a problem
I’ve benefited by getting tickets on here and have also helped a few out all at face value
Sometimes things happen and to have to return tickets to villa can be more hassle than it’s worth as not everyone lives next to villa park

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal