collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV84
[Today at 10:36:29 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 22346 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Sunderland
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
Tuesday 6th March 7.45pm

Initial allocation 3000

Adults £25
Over 65 £19
Under 22 £16
Under 16 £10

On sale Monday to s/t holders with 12+ away games

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Good prices that. Are we on the box?

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
No, not yet anyway. There are Champions League games that night but no Championship game, Leeds are on on the Wednesday.

Never known the allocation be more than 3000 there in the league, wonder how many tickets they would allow? Can't see us needing more than 3000 on a Tuesday night though.

Offline Ads

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
I wouldn't have thought more than 3000 as that is all the upper tier. Maybe they'd give you extra going round a corner?

Think this should be treated as European style away game. Everybody up the Gerodie land the night before, then Metro into Sunderland for an 11am start.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 03:37:55 PM »
Can't be arsed with a Tuesday night away so if anyone wants two references with plenty of aways on, give me a shout.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »
Initial allocation, blimey imagine taking 5k there on a Tuesday night!

I would be up there if it was a Saturday and I don't go to many aways lately.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »
Come on you fuckers I'll drive you. I have an SUV so loads of room, it will be an exquisite indie fest and rock of musical delights and I drive terrifyingly quick. Be a riot.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
Come on you fuckers I'll drive you. I have an SUV so loads of room, it will be an exquisite indie fest and rock of musical delights and I drive terrifyingly quick. Be a riot.

I’m in, providing you stop for a piss every hour

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 01:50:17 PM »
Will have 2 references going spare for this. Both with every Away game on.

PM for details.

Offline nevillain

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
Come on and experience some quality north east hospitality

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Any pre-match drinking recommendations?

I prefer a decent pub a bit away from the ground, quiet that does food (don't want much do I?)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »
Looking forward to it.

I prefer a decent pub a bit away from the ground, quiet that does food (don't want much do I?)

Went on a stag do in Newcastle 18 months back. Sunderland-Arsenal was next day so thought I'd pop along to that. Nice ground but Sunderland must be one of the worst town centres in the U.K, the big Poundland that had just opened was easily the most impressive shop on the high street.

There's a few standard pubs around like Wetherspoons and Yates but they were mostly home fans. There was also a pub just off the ring road called the I.S.....

It's better to drink in Newcastle and get the Metro to the ground. Takes 20 minutes from Newcastle central.

Durham isn't too far away either if you have a car.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 10:16:25 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Went on a stag do in Newcastle 18 months back. Sunderland-Arsenal was next day so thought I'd pop along to that. Nice ground but Sunderland must be one of the worst town centres in the U.K, the big Poundland that had just opened was easily the most impressive shop on the high street.

There's a few standard pubs around like Wetherspoons and Yates but they were mostly home fans. There was also a pub just off the ring road called the I.S.....

It's better to drink in Newcastle and get the Metro to the ground. Takes 20 minutes from Newcastle central.

Cheers for that - Yes, I'd considered Durham. Like many away grounds, the choice of pubs isn't great. I generally prefer a stop off before reaching the ground/town. I'm not sure how I'm going yet and if it's on a coach then the decision will be taken from me. However, if it's by car then Durham is most likely.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Cheers for that - Yes, I'd considered Durham. Like many away grounds, the choice of pubs isn't great. I generally prefer a stop off before reaching the ground/town. I'm not sure how I'm going yet and if it's on a coach then the decision will be taken from me. However, if it's by car then Durham is most likely.

Get yourself to East Bolden. Few pubs there, you can park up and jump on the tram. 10 mins from the ground.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 11:33:10 PM »
You won't believe this but many, many moons ago, I met a couple of lads from East Bolden on holiday and ended up stopping the night there when we played them (it was the year we won the league)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal