collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burton (Not match thread)  (Read 8801 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: Burton (Not match thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »
Shouldn't imagine it'll go over 35k regardless of recent form, cracking figure nonetheless, lets hope the Holte improves its atmosphere this week....

I genuinely think the Lambert years have sucked the life out of the Holte

Not just The Holte, believe me

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »
Site shows sales as following [because Court is boring before you ask]

Trinity Road - 118 left
Holte End - 387 left [264 upper and 125 lower]
Witton Lane Stand 639/a1396 left [1335 upper mainly in P9 which is the usual away end and 61 lower]
North Stand - 415 -[177 upper and 238 lower]

Total: 2316 left to sell. For some reason Q blocks are coming up, so it looks like Burton have sold all the lower tier. With the 4000 in the upper Trinity, the total unsold as of now is 6316, which is 36184 give or take.

How accurate the figures are I don't know, but its 551 sales from the usual areas since yesterday. I imagine it would be something similar again today and possible a hundred or so walk ups.  But guess we're looking at something between 34,000 and 37,000. Highest crowd of the season to date either way.

Walk ups can and do add anything up to 1500+ on the day - walk ups are very dependent on weather conditions and KO times.

3pm tomorrow KO and 50% chance of showers

Anyone still undecided  - get ya arse down VP

I guess it depends on how many from the pool of walk ups have already committed.

Should be at least 34,000 though, which is more than any of our neighbours have had in 40 years and against a side who got half of what we have taken to away games this season in their last home game.

Just hope its a good performance and result and we maintain that extra 3-5000, if not improve on it for the run in.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Site shows sales as following [because Court is boring before you ask]

Trinity Road - 118 left
Holte End - 387 left [264 upper and 125 lower]
Witton Lane Stand 639/a1396 left [1335 upper mainly in P9 which is the usual away end and 61 lower]
North Stand - 415 -[177 upper and 238 lower]

Total: 2316 left to sell. For some reason Q blocks are coming up, so it looks like Burton have sold all the lower tier. With the 4000 in the upper Trinity, the total unsold as of now is 6316, which is 36184 give or take.

How accurate the figures are I don't know, but its 551 sales from the usual areas since yesterday. I imagine it would be something similar again today and possible a hundred or so walk ups.  But guess we're looking at something between 34,000 and 37,000. Highest crowd of the season to date either way.

842 tickets left. I counted them (because I’m sad).

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 08:35:19 PM »
There's over 1000 available on Seatwave.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »
1701 left at my sad count (to be fair it's that or Coronation Street).

I make that 36,799. If Hookey is right about 1500 walks ups then we're looking at a defacto sell out potentially.

It would give us the 10th highest average gate in the country and similarly after the Noses we will have had the 8th highest gate in the country.

Tomorrow will be the highest gate in the league this season. Until the following Sunday.

This club...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
We'll get 40k crowds against SHA, Leeds, Wolves and Derby as those games sell themselves for obvious reasons so I'd be amazed if the Upper Trinity doesn't say open after the SHA game as there will be enough demand.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
We'll get 40k crowds against SHA, Leeds, Wolves and Derby as those games sell themselves for obvious reasons so I'd be amazed if the Upper Trinity doesn't say open after the SHA game as there will be enough demand.

13 points from the next 5, and I'd expect every home game to be a sell out from then on. Massive ask though.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
Shouldn't imagine it'll go over 35k regardless of recent form, cracking figure nonetheless, lets hope the Holte improves its atmosphere this week....

I genuinely think the Lambert years have sucked the life out of the Holte.

Even for games like Brizzle when we were rampant the atmosphere in the Holte wasn't the same as it used to be.  You know it's bad when you're sitting in the Holte and can hear the away fans singing.

Yep, I was in the Holte for Bristol game and it wasn't a great atmosphere for the scoreline in such a big game, I blamed that partly on the cold weather and hangovers. Even for the Blues game last season I thought the Holte was quiet until we scored. Second City derby atmosphere from both clubs have got worse and worse, I blame the restrictions. Also, wouldn't necessarily say it was lambert years that caused it, It got good under Sherwood again.

Expecting a crowd of around 34-36000 today, would be huge if we can get a big win and a decent atmosphere going, everyone needs to do their bit.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »

I genuinely think the Lambert years have sucked the life out of the Holte.

Even for games like Brizzle when we were rampant the atmosphere in the Holte wasn't the same as it used to be.  You know it's bad when you're sitting in the Holte and can hear the away fans singing.

Yep, I was in the Holte for Bristol game and it wasn't a great atmosphere for the scoreline in such a big game, I blamed that partly on the cold weather and hangovers. Even for the Blues game last season I thought the Holte was quiet until we scored. Second City derby atmosphere from both clubs have got worse and worse, I blame the restrictions. Also, wouldn't necessarily say it was lambert years that caused it, It got good under Sherwood again.

Expecting a crowd of around 34-36000 today, would be huge if we can get a big win and a decent atmosphere going, everyone needs to do their bit.
I sit in the Trinity these days towards the Holte. Noise levels against the noses was fantastic last season but it needs to be be like that more often. On current form today should be a 2-3 nil to us but if it is can we please drop the billy big bollocks chants like "3 nil on ya big day out" etc? I fkn hate that kind of shit.Show a bit of humility and respect as it does go a long way. Remember Man Yanited singing "we're Man United we'll do what we want" at Villa Park? Fkn classless wankers and I've always hated them for it. We used to be known as one of England's finest and a club with class. I'd love us to get that respect back.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:15:30 AM by The Edge »

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
The club have tweeted that a crowd of 32.5k+ is expected. It will be just over 33k imo, can't see Burton bringing many as they only had 2k at home the other night!

Online TonyD

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 11:10:21 AM »
The club have tweeted that a crowd of 32.5k+ is expected. It will be just over 33k imo, can't see Burton bringing many as they only had 2k at home the other night!
Doug has been giving them tax advice. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »

13 points from the next 5, and I'd expect every home game to be a sell out from then on. Massive ask though.

Wouldn't go that far as we have games like Reading on a Tuesday night. Would be a sell out if it was Easter Monday 3pm but could we really get a 42k crowd for a midweek game, I'm not sure on that.

Same for Cardiff.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 11:32:38 AM »
Back in the summer of 74, or thereabouts, all the kids at our primary school on Chelmsley Wood launched helium-filled balloons with self-addressed tags attached to them. The balloon that got the furthest away won a prize. The lad who won was my next-door neighbour and his balloon ended up in Burton-upon-Trent.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
It wasn't the crowd some were predicting. Burton fans were in very low numbers considering the small distance they had to travel, I guess the novelty has worn off for them.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
It wasn't the crowd some were predicting. Burton fans were in very low numbers considering the small distance they had to travel, I guess the novelty has worn off for them.

They’re a tiny club though. It was pretty good for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal