collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:35:30 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:35:30 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117963 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Axel Tuanzebe
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2018, 10:51:29 PM »
I would expect he will come in as cover for Terry and Chester especially the former. Terry’s been brilliant but he’s also in his mid thirties. Ideally this lad is the long term partner to Chester in the PL.

Only if Chester moves in the summer to The Plastics. Mourinho highly rates the lad but said at the weekend he needs games so was the only player he was prepared to put out on loan. He's a centre back that can play right back so imagining Bruce has agreed to give him games I'm struggling to see where he'll play. We already have 5 right backs. Good player but why? I guess we'll soon find out.

This is a club that let Pogba go, and a manager who in the past sold De Bruyne. So just because the manager likes him doesn't automatically mean he'll stay there. One thing Mourinho has never done well is bring through kids because he's had money to burn especially at Chelsea and Man U. As such why promote a kid when optically spending 40m looks better on someone who in truth may not be that much better? I actually think that's a lot of what is wrong with the PL today.

I don't ultimately know if they would sell him but for the right price and depending on their summer business he might be available. Let's just see how he does with us first anyway.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »
I would expect he will come in as cover for Terry and Chester especially the former. Terry’s been brilliant but he’s also in his mid thirties. Ideally this lad is the long term partner to Chester in the PL.

Only if Chester moves in the summer to The Plastics. Mourinho highly rates the lad but said at the weekend he needs games so was the only player he was prepared to put out on loan. He's a centre back that can play right back so imagining Bruce has agreed to give him games I'm struggling to see where he'll play. We already have 5 right backs. Good player but why? I guess we'll soon find out.

Just speculating, but Elphick maybe off leaving us only with Samba as cover or a Bruce might just not rate Elphick full stop.  If De Laet is going, Bruce sees Hutton as the number one choice at LB going forward and doesn't rate Bree, then I guess some cover at RB could be required as well. 

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 12:21:28 AM »
There has got to be a pun in the name somewhere. If we do get him on loan I expect H&V to deliver :)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2018, 01:57:54 AM »
If he has real pace, maybe Bruce gets to play 3 5 2 .

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »
If he has real pace, maybe Bruce gets to play 3 5 2 .

I hope not. If it ain't broke...

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
Man U fan at work reckons he's the real deal. Fingers crossed he can do it at a wet Wednesday in Sheffield.
What about United ;)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 09:00:29 AM »
There has got to be a pun in the name somewhere. If we do get him on loan I expect H&V to deliver :)
No doubt. The only thing I can add is once I knew a colleague at Volvo and his name was Bengt Axel. G is silent for our amusement.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »
As previously stated a guy at an ad agency who used to do work for my then employer titled himself Sans Serif - I kid you not

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »
As others have said, I don't really see the point of this. If he's a replacement for elphick going then a)you'd think he's not gonna get many games in his favoured position and b)surely we need a permanent signing,not a loan with only Samba as experienced cover. My feelings are Bruce is gonna gamble and not replace Elphick until the summer and will use the elphick and any other money to buy a player elsewhere rather than another loan.  That would just about make sense if elphick and McCormack go.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »
I don't mind getting a short-term replacement for the rest of the season. We can think about a more permanent solution in the Summer when we know what division we are in. Watford went up with a team of loan players and they've done alright since.

Offline exigo

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »
Man U fan at work reckons he's the real deal. Fingers crossed he can do it at a wet Wednesday in Sheffield.
What about United ;)

That's a Tuesday ;)

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:43 AM »
No doubt. The only thing I can add is once I knew a colleague at Volvo and his name was Bengt Axel. G is silent for our amusement.

Down by my in laws there used to be an electrician called Bent Koch (ch pronounced ck). They could never understand my (albeit childish) amusement.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »
I don't mind getting a short-term replacement for the rest of the season. We can think about a more permanent solution in the Summer when we know what division we are in. Watford went up with a team of loan players and they've done alright since.

Agree.  If we do go up, we will hopefully be buying in a completely different market.  For example, I think Ulloa would be a good loan signing until the end of the season, but we would probably need better than him next season if we were in the top flight.   

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »
Could this guy do the job of Jedinak?  Maybe that is where Moanrinio sees him also and that is why he has been allowed to come and develop?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 02:01:57 PM »

Agree.  If we do go up, we will hopefully be buying in a completely different market.  For example, I think Ulloa would be a good loan signing until the end of the season, but we would probably need better than him next season if we were in the top flight.   

I'm not saying he's the most inspiring option ever, but he did score some key goals to help Leicester to the title, particularly in the games Vardy was injured or needed a rest. We could do a lot worse I'm sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal