collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where do you think we will finish ?  (Read 31744 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Where do you think we will finish ?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
3-6th play off I am afraid - our earlier draws will.come back to haunt us

We're 3 points off 2nd with 18 games to go!!  Not sure how you get to that conclusion!!

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:16 PM »
I think our depth of squad and managerial experience will see us finish second. We seem to have settled on an effective formation and are hard to beat and even better, have a goalscoring striker who looks to have turned a corner.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:27:31 PM by Big Dick Edwards »

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
Absolutely no reason why the automatic places can't be in reach given the position we've got ourselves in. 54 points to play for with a target of 40 to get to the 90 point mark. Leaves a bit of wriggle room and I honestly don't think it'll take 90 this season for reasons shared elsewhere.

We've had 4 defeats in 25 so there should only really be a couple more from here on in. Can we turn those annoying draws into enough wins?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »

We're 3 points off 2nd with 18 games to go!!  Not sure how you get to that conclusion!!

We've drawn 8. The same as Derby. Who are second...

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »

If we come third, 1 or 2 or 3 points behind second, our earlier draws will have come back to haunt us.  Simples.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »
2nd place and within touching distance of Wolves. I believe we'll be mathematically up before the Derby game. Bruce has played an ace with the hiring of Agnew. Not only are we winning, we're looking a far better side that should continue to improve. We desperately needed a football brain that can work with the embarrassment of riches we have with this squad. They'll be no more playing players out of position but there will be tactics, a plan and every player will buy into it. For the first time in ages there's something to actually start believing in.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »

Just an opinion like !!! :)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
Playoffs, although if we get a good quality forward in 2nd is very possible.

If we end up in the play offs that cap toting anti football knob will beat us in the final to have the last laugh I just know it. Troare will probably set up Gestede for the winner.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »
Playoffs and a great chance of promotion due to experience in the side

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »
Derby and Cardiff will both run out of steam/have a dodgy patch that will allow us to cruise into second place and hold on to it.

Automatic promotion is a must this season, but then so will be a massive change of personnel and investment to prepare for life back in the Premier league.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »
2nd.

I think we've found a system that suits us and we have the majority of the spine back. The squad will pay dividends in the run in.

I agree with this.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:03 PM »
Playoffs, although if we get a good quality forward in 2nd is very possible.

If we end up in the play offs that cap toting anti football knob will beat us in the final to have the last laugh I just know it. Troare will probably set up Gestede for the winner.

Alternatively Adomah to clinch the win. Think we will go up automatically personally

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
Absolutely no reason why the automatic places can't be in reach given the position we've got ourselves in. 54 points to play for with a target of 40 to get to the 90 point mark. Leaves a bit of wriggle room and I honestly don't think it'll take 90 this season for reasons shared elsewhere.

We've had 4 defeats in 25 so there should only really be a couple more from here on in. Can we turn those annoying draws into enough wins?

When you put it like that, we can afford to lose 2 and draw 4 and still make 90 points...actually that's still a pretty big ask.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »

I was going to say that, Derby had a similar start to the season to what we had. Up to middle of October they only 3 of their first opening 10 games and drew 4 of them.

Two very similar teams in how they step up and I expect both to last the pace so yes it will be massive at end of April.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:17:35 PM by SoccerHQ »

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »
Quote from: Nastylee on Today at 06:26:20 PM

Sexual Ealing said:
When you put it like that, we can afford to lose 2 and draw 4 and still make 90 points...actually that's still a pretty big ask

But it's pretty much what you're asking Derby and Cardiff to do as well as neither are much better off. The clubs behind have an even larger task.

As I said, I think high 80s will do. Big point hauls occur when two teams run away with it like last season. Too tight this year and teams have taken points off each other which should lead to a lower total being required.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:18:05 PM by Nastylee »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal