collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RIP Cyrille Regis  (Read 11677 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: RIP Cyrille Regis
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2018, 07:38:20 AM »
I’m truly shocked by this. So young. Although not with us for long he was one of my favourites in that period. It was fabulous looking back at those goals  what a time to be a Villa fan RIP

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »
Cyrille was a great player and it's a shame we didn't see him at Villa earlier. He scored in the first 3 games Mrs Exeter ever saw - Oldham, Sheffield United and Coventry  - to the point that she claimed that he only scored for her. A great man lost far too soon.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »
If you get the chance watch the Villa season review 1991-92.  It’s hard to underestimate how fantastic Cyrille was for us that season despite his advancing years.  And I’d say he acted as a great mentor for the emerging Dwight.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2018, 09:09:19 PM »
If you get the chance watch the Villa season review 1991-92.  It’s hard to overestimate how fantastic Cyrille was for us that season despite his advancing years.  And I’d say he acted as a great mentor for the emerging Dwight.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2018, 10:40:34 AM »
Looks like there will be no country-wide tribute to Big Cyrille this weekend, upsetting quite a few people.
I'm not surprised, the ignorance of this area and it's football heritage extends well beyond the fans of the game as we have seen on so many occasions.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »
Looks like there will be no country-wide tribute to Big Cyrille this weekend, upsetting quite a few people.
I'm not surprised, the ignorance of this area and it's football heritage extends well beyond the fans of the game as we have seen on so many occasions.
Breaking news on Sky, a minute's applause will now be held at all Premier league games.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Breaking news on Sky, a minute's applause will now be held at all Premier league games.

Bloody hell. Excellent stuff.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
R I P big Cyrille ,was a pleasure to see you play

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
Not that many people have a high opinion of talksport but if you can put that aside for a short while, they're repeating the "my sporting life" show with Cyrille this Sunday at 2.00. There's a lot of rubbish on that station, but Danny Kelly (who's talking to Cyrille on the show) is excellent.

Offline mozza

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »
I was attending the farewell to 60's captain Alan Deakin when I heard the shock and sad news of 'C'-
there were mourners at Alan's service that were visibly shaken and upset to lose a member of the football
family so suddenly and before his time. I was fortunate to have met Cyrille several times (his son played in a
junior club I coached) - at a Xmas lads v dads match 'C' volunteered to kick off and his resulting volley on the
junior pitch struck the unsuspecting granddad keeper full in the face, breaking his specs and cutting his nose....
everyone except 'C' were in hysterics who duly ran to the injured guy and apologised and rendered first aid.
Several years later I bumped into him at Bodymoor Heath and he was the one that recalled the incident.
What he, Brendan Batson and Laurie Cunningham achieved in the late 70's was remarkable, they richly deserve
the accolades they have received.
My thoughts are with his family, close friends and ex-colleagues - RIP big fellah         

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal