collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Seat Wave tickets for Aston Villa v Small Heath  (Read 5738 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Seat Wave tickets for Aston Villa v Small Heath
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
I think that it's only season ticket seats that can be sold by anyone but the club.

We bring you a way to sell your season tickets, a way to buy tickets, plus access to exclusive ticket presales. If you’re a season ticket holder and are unable to go to a match then you can sell your ticket through us. A season ticket can be a massive commitment, so the flexibility to sell your ticket for any game you can’t attend can certainly make things easier. Through our platform your ticket will only go to other Aston Villa fans, so you can rest assured your seat will be filled by someone else from the Claret and Blue Army.

Likewise, if you’re a Villa fan and want to check out a game then you’ve come to the right place. Throughout the season, Seatwave will offer fans exclusive ticket presales for a number of matches. Check on Villa’s website or Seatwave for details of upcoming ticket presales.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 11:23:37 PM »
I agree Dave but the exposure over the past 2 weeks is sad to see, Villa fan ripping Villa fan off. 

The club still have to print off resale tickets off and effectively distribute them so  to set up a small team and a decent working  website would not be too troublesome. 

The ticket office judging by postings on the web  must be fed  up of Seatwave anyway.

The counter argument is the number of times that supporters get cheaper tickets for other games.

This. Plus I have four season tickets soon to be five , often due to childcare issues i.e. no babysitter to look after our youngest my wife dutifully agrees ( just proves don’t believe all you read ) to stay with her whilst we go and see our heroes. I use Seatwave all the time to sell our spare tickets and have to speak as I find , they always sell and that’s without ripping off fellow fans , win win .
Looking on Seatwave just there are 20 tickets left at £75-£140, the seats are clearly marked and no one is forced to buy them . Whilst I certainly don’t condone it, Cheapest Britney Spears ticket on the same site for her UK tour is £150 .....
Now that’s being ripped off.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2018, 11:35:00 PM »
What has almost certainly happened here is season ticket holders buying additional tickets and then attempting to tout them.  This is wrong and something the club needs to look at moving forward. 

The club should need to be informed of any intended resale "invitation to treat" figure and if in excess of face value then should refuse to verify the transaction.  Villa need to be tough on this matter but no doubt don't believe they need to police this.  I do understand the Club's position, but if people don't speak out nothing will ever change.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2018, 11:46:18 PM »
What has almost certainly happened here is season ticket holders buying additional tickets and then attempting to tout them.  This is wrong and something the club needs to look at moving forward. 

The club should need to be informed of any intended resale "invitation to treat" figure and if in excess of face value then should refuse to verify the transaction.  Villa need to be tough on this matter but no doubt don't believe they need to police this.  I do understand the Club's position, but if people don't speak out nothing will ever change.
You could be right, I know if we were successful ( that’s winning things not finishing in the top four to our younger followers ) then that would be the case. Reminds me of when we used to go to Anfield when season tickets were a book of printed tickets , one for each home game. You could always buy a season ticket off the Scousers because that’s exactly what they did.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2018, 11:58:05 PM »
You can only sell a ST seat on Seatwave. In theory a ST holder could have bought an extra ticket and then put their ST up for sale but I doubt many would bother. An awful lot of potential shite could come their way for a pretty small profit, and that's provided they can find someone stupid enough to stump up £100+ in the first place.

Online luke95

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
Anybody else brought a blues ticket off of seatwave & still not received it through the post yet ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
You often have to collect them from the Trinity Road ticket office. There's a specific Seatwave window. Should say in your confirmation email if it was to be posted or collected.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 08:52:09 PM »
From the seatwave checkout page....

IMPORTANT NOTICE
– TICKETS FOR THE BIRMINGHAM CITY GAME CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED BY ASTON VILLA FANS WHO MEET THE CLUBS BOOKING CRITERIA OF HAVING PREVIOUS BOOKING WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS, IDENTIFIABLE ON THEIR DATABASE. IF YOU BUY BIRMINGHAM CITY TICKETS AND DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA YOUR TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.
That is actually fun - sell em twice and the idiots trying lose their money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal