Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Players you've wanted to do well/badly after leaving Villa

(1/4) > >>

Tom_Mc9?:
Well:
Benteke - I think he deserves a better club than Palace to be honest
Baker - not the best defender we'll ever have, but he tried his best
Gestede - see Baker
Adama - the potential is there but he's a bit rubbish. If he was good, it'd be great to see.
Further back:
Dion
JPA
There'll be others

Badly:
Downing
Delph
Craig Gardner - although I enjoy him being fairly insignificant even if it is a slight contradiction of terms.
Lescott
I'm too young to remember fan's favourite Steve Hodge...

Tokyo Sexwhale:
Well: Anyone who wasn't just here for the money and gave it a go; and who left on good terms and/or we got good money for; and didn't go to a team I hate; and/or players who came through our academy.

Badly:  Everyone else - almost everyone we've signed in the last 6-7 years.

Wasn't arsed about losing Downing, he had half a good season and we robbed Liverpool of £20m for him.

Tom_Mc9?:
I didn't mention Olof and Bouma. Really hoped they'd make a success of their careers after playing for us.

Martin Carruthers:
Always pleased to see Steven Davis doing well. No idea why we let him go for peanuts. Gary Cahill as well.

Damo70:
Hodge, although it was funny when he got lonely in London. It was even funnier when Dorigo jumped ship to go to Chelsea and we passed them as we went up and they went down. I was gutted watching Andy Gray score in and win cup finals with Wolves and Everton. I was distraught at seeing my childhood Villa idol Tony Morley in the shirts of Sandwell and Small Heath. I didn't mind so much the likes of Bremner and Mortimer playing for Small Heath at the tail end of their careers and certainly didn't shed any tears over the likes of Blake and Hopkins. It hurt seeing my one time favourite Steve McMahon do so well with Liverpool and I was gutted when Colin Gibson went to United around the same time. Platty never looked right in an Arsenal shirt. I had no problem with the likes of Ridgewell (in fact he gave me more pleasure in a Small Heath shirt than when he played for us) or Davies. But I do have a genuine dislike of that annoying scrote Craig Gardner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version