collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pubs for Small Heath  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Dougs Socks

Pubs for Small Heath
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Does anyone know of any pubs in the vicinity of Villa Park that will be opening early pre-match, for the visit of the Pagan lot? I am trying to arrange a meet with friends travelling down for the game. Cheers folks! 8)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Pubs for Small Heath
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
I'm sure most will be opening early like last year for this. The Aston Tavern opened at 8am last year for this.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:03:28 PM »
I'm sure most will be opening early like last year for this. The Aston Tavern opened at 8am last year for this.

Same at the Social, good luck trying to get a drink after 9.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:11:55 PM »
Had a few in town last season then jumped on the train. It was packed outside the off-licence and chippy with people queuing to get in for more cans.
If I go this season il do the same but stay in town longer, it was all very relaxing.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
Had a few in town last season then jumped on the train. It was packed outside the off-licence and chippy with people queuing to get in for more cans.
If I go this season il do the same but stay in town longer, it was all very relaxing.

The Tramps usually drink in Digbeth anyway

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »

The Tramps usually drink in Digbeth anyway

Only if it is Giro week

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »
Does anyone know what time The Bartons is open on Sunday?

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
Does anyone know what time The Bartons is open on Sunday?

Just rang them, ten-thirty.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
Sacred Heart open from 8.30

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:43:10 PM »
Can’t understand why the police insist on early kick off, yet all the pubs open hours before the match. Why not just do the normal 3pm ko and police it appropriately?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »
Can’t understand why the police insist on early kick off, yet all the pubs open hours before the match. Why not just do the normal 3pm ko and police it appropriately?

They like early kick-offs to stop tensions building up through the day. They're happy to have pubs open so they know where large groups are.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »

Does the Sacred Heart get packed? 

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

They like early kick-offs to stop tensions building up through the day. They're happy to have pubs open so they know where large groups are.

And ultimately 3 hours drinking time in the morning is still less than 7 hours for afternoon kick iff.

That Albion match in FA Cup was carnage with 5:30 kick off - as soon as I got off by Witton Station I could feel the tension.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »
A sign that I'm getting old is that I don't really crave a drink at 8 or 9 in the morning any more. If someone had said that to me 20 or 30 years ago, I'd have laughed at them. Going to Villa - Blues without a drink would have been unthinkable at one time for me.

I shall go straight into the ground, as I did last season (and against Brighton last game of the season). I'll probably have a few afterwards - How many will depend on the score.

I agree that early kick offs negate the potential for trouble to a large extent although there is always scope for it afterwards somewhere.

My one gripe about the policing of these games is the way their fans have a red carpet rolled out for them back to their coaches and trains straight after the game. Our fans on the other hand were locked in the ground for over an hour. It is definitely one of those examples of the innocents being punished whilst the instigators are treated like royalty. My argument is if these crowds are going to gather outside the away end and throw bottles etc at the police, the road should have a steel fence erected as is the case at our ground. The away fans would then be free to leave without any trouble occurring. I can't think of a worse way to spend your Sunday afternoon than being locked inside the Sty. It is supposed to be about pleasure and fun. Where is the fun in that?

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »

Does the Sacred Heart get packed?

Does the sacred heart get packed, depends on your definition of packed. theres normally a couple of fellows in there, but a more relaxing venue, ive not entered.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal