collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston ‘we almost caused a shock’ Villa v Peterborough Post Match Thread.  (Read 23953 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
I'm glad we didn't equalise. Peterborough on a Tuesday Night, ergh fuck that.

so your glad we lost the very thing you and your mates go apeshit about when you accuse others of the same thing

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
This club needs to develop a culture of winning, so this result does matter in that context.

1 win in 7 suggests we could have done with winning 2 in a row. I get it that the FA Cup isn't a priority but generating positive momentum absolutely is.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
I know it's not the priority for the season. I know our chances of winning the competition was slim to none. I know it wasn't our first team.

BUT

I don't like losing. I don't like seeing our club humiliated. I don't like seeing positive momentum grind to a halt. For that reason I'm pissed off right now.

It was more humilating when we were establish premier league and losing to Orient and nearly losing to Wycombe. Sadly we are where we are and no-one outside of Brum will blink at a championship team losing to a decent league one team. Stoke will get all the attention tonight.

I fully expect to win the next two games so yes I won't be happy if we don't and this impacts on it.

Not sure though, will Adomah need counseling if he was watching this today?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024

I wouldn't disagree SHQ

Walking back now and nobody seems to be mumbling a out football. It is all what's for tea and where we going out.

I hurt when we lose and if this was walking back from the City Ground I'd be fuming. But I can barely muster a tut.

Offline Ads

so your glad we lost the very thing you and your mates go apeshit about when you accuse others of the same thing

I'd rather we win. I wasn't looking forward to a replay but it never looked in danger.

Offline john e

I wouldn't disagree SHQ

Walking back now and nobody seems to be mumbling a out football. It is all what's for tea and where we going out.

I hurt when we lose and if this was walking back from the City Ground I'd be fuming. But I can barely muster a tut.

that's because Bruce is sucking the life out of the club and driving it into the ground

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Having just battered Bristol City it would have been nice to continue the feel good feeling and momentum of winning. Something we've only done now once in 7 games. Instead he set out with an unnecessarily conservative approach at home to a lower league team and we've been turned over. Steve Bruce is his own worst enemy.

It's 2 wins in 8.

Online Toronto Villa

I'd rather we win. I wasn't looking forward to a replay but it never looked in danger.

The replay given how many games we have left in the league wasn't an attractive option. However not even being in that position to start with would have been a much better scenario.

Online SoccerHQ

This club needs to develop a culture of winning, so this result does matter in that context.

1 win in 7 suggests we could have done with winning 2 in a row. I get it that the FA Cup isn't a priority but generating positive momentum absolutely is.

Two wins?

The mentality will be different this time next week I'm sure of it? We've seen a million times a club limps to a cup defeat and then miraculously plays completely different in the league.

We lost to Boro in the league cup with a really poor performance (I remember the reaction of that on here) and then we beat Burton, Forest and Bolton straight after.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
I know it's not the priority for the season. I know our chances of winning the competition was slim to none. I know it wasn't our first team.

BUT

I don't like losing. I don't like seeing our club humiliated. I don't like seeing positive momentum grind to a halt. For that reason I'm pissed off right now.

It was more humilating when we were establish premier league and losing to Orient and nearly losing to Wycombe. Sadly we are where we are and no-one outside of Brum will blink at a championship team losing to a decent league one team. Stoke will get all the attention tonight.

I fully expect to win the next two games so yes I won't be happy if we don't and this impacts on it.

Just because we've had worst results in the past doesn't make this better. Losing at home to a lower league team is never a good thing. The year Orient knocked us out staying in the PL was our priority so by your reasoning that defeat didn't matter yet you still remember it.

Online Toronto Villa

Having just battered Bristol City it would have been nice to continue the feel good feeling and momentum of winning. Something we've only done now once in 7 games. Instead he set out with an unnecessarily conservative approach at home to a lower league team and we've been turned over. Steve Bruce is his own worst enemy.

It's 2 wins in 8.

Ah, that makes me feel much better. Thanks Mr Shin

Offline clash city rocker

Must confess i'm a tad disappointed today that we (yes Aston villa) lost 3-1 at home to Peterborough.  I won't say anymore for fear of being labelled an hysterical supporter. I suppose things like this happen and we must just accept them as part and parcel of football. No one is to blame apart from Peterborough who had the cheek to come and play us off the park. Steve I feel for you ,I really do. You changed things today and you got totally pissed allover by Grant McCann... You should give your wages to charity tonight Bruce.

Offline Ads

I wouldn't disagree SHQ

that's because Bruce is sucking the life out of the club and driving it into the ground

Did you go today?

Online SoccerHQ

BUT

Just because we've had worst results in the past doesn't make this better. Losing at home to a lower league team is never a good thing. The year Orient knocked us out staying in the PL was our priority so by your reasoning that defeat didn't matter yet you still remember it.

Orient got relegated that season so it was a much worse defeat.

In any case the league cup is a much more realistic competition for a non premier league club to have a good run in as Bristol City have shown so in a funny way I was more disappointed after Boro as we'd won a few rounds in the league cup at least.

Offline john e

I wouldn't disagree SHQ

Did you go today?

my last match was Sunderland at home I won't be rushing back to see Bruceball any time soon

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal