collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:42:53 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 10:40:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:38:51 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:29 PM]

Re: Snooker by BC Villain
[Today at 10:30:06 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by The Moose
[Today at 10:15:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:10:53 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 10:10:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston ‘we almost caused a shock’ Villa v Peterborough Post Match Thread.  (Read 24017 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
So did season ticket holders who didn't purchase by the end of Wednesday.

But they could have paid less, the offer waa there. Still, £16 for a dad and a kid was reasonable enough.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Yeah agreed, I wasn't complaining. Just trying to help the poster who queried the prices understand why he may have paid more.

Offline Ayup

All season ticket holders of both clubs paid a tenner. Those that aren't paid more. I wish the seats behind me would price the day trippers out behind me or that the season ticket holders would turn up to these games.

Incorrect. Some paid more.

Yes, those that aren't season ticket holders paid more.

I paid £9 as it happens.

Offline Archivist

Whilst I am a positive bloke, Saturday showed the problems with our players, system (or lack of) and manager are legion. Will it change anything? No. Will I go to the next game? Yes. Will I moan a bit? Likely, because I care. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
It was a really disappointing performance and you can tell from Bruce's interview he was not happy.

The reality is that cup is not a priority this year and it was a good opportunity to give some youngsters a run out (who many have been pushing to be played in league games), a much needed run out for players returning from injury and a few squad players who will probably have a part to play before the season is over.  It was a reasonably strong team and if you look at the match thread the sentiment was pretty positive before the game.

For whatever reason the players didn't turn up on the day.  This may be Bruce's fault for not getting them up for it or a combination of rustiness and post NYE fatigue.  He does have to take responsibility for the performance, but it wasn't a 'cowardly' line up and nor did he throw the game.

Most clubs playing for something in the league rest players for cup games and you only need to look at the number of teams who lost to lower league opposition (including Leeds and Arsenal today) to see that this is hardly unique to Villa.

So yes it was a poor performance and yes it's a shame we have lost momentum, but in the context of our season it really was not a critical game.  We all want to win the cup but this was never going to be our year.  Saturday is far more important.

So exactly when will it be “Our year” then?

Surely this year could have been our year with everyone putting out half fit or fringe first teamers.

The fact is that we’ll never get to our year because there will always be an excuse to disrespect it.
Who know when it will be.  But it's not going to be when we're in the second division fighting for promotion in a 46 game season when our squad is of pretty average quality and has been hit with numerous injuries.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Looked a good game from the highlights, plenty of chances to have won it.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
All season ticket holders of both clubs paid a tenner

No they didn't, I paid £15.00 and I'm a season ticket holder

Sorry  - my mistake (again), I only paid £10

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Saturday was the first time we have lost to Peterborough in our history. We've only played them 5 times before though.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
It was a really disappointing performance and you can tell from Bruce's interview he was not happy.

The reality is that cup is not a priority this year and it was a good opportunity to give some youngsters a run out (who many have been pushing to be played in league games), a much needed run out for players returning from injury and a few squad players who will probably have a part to play before the season is over.  It was a reasonably strong team and if you look at the match thread the sentiment was pretty positive before the game.

For whatever reason the players didn't turn up on the day.  This may be Bruce's fault for not getting them up for it or a combination of rustiness and post NYE fatigue.  He does have to take responsibility for the performance, but it wasn't a 'cowardly' line up and nor did he throw the game.

Most clubs playing for something in the league rest players for cup games and you only need to look at the number of teams who lost to lower league opposition (including Leeds and Arsenal today) to see that this is hardly unique to Villa.

So yes it was a poor performance and yes it's a shame we have lost momentum, but in the context of our season it really was not a critical game.  We all want to win the cup but this was never going to be our year.  Saturday is far more important.

So exactly when will it be “Our year” then?

Surely this year could have been our year with everyone putting out half fit or fringe first teamers.

The fact is that we’ll never get to our year because there will always be an excuse to disrespect it.
Who know when it will be.  But it's not going to be when we're in the second division fighting for promotion in a 46 game season when our squad is of pretty average quality and has been hit with numerous injuries.

So that means it will never be out Year then. Because there will always be an excuse not to bother.
I mean who could possibly get a Championship side at least to the final and get them promoted  to the Premier League in the modern era?
Oh hang on a minute!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal