collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pulisboro 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 18499 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Pulisboro 0-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2017, 02:22:24 AM »
The Bristol game isn’t on tv. It’s on late because Bristol started late tonight and have a minimum 48 hours recovery time allowed.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »
Wolves were nearly relegated last season spent a lot appointed a decent manager play attractive football and are pissing this division, we spent a lot appointed a mediocre manager play shit football and will struggle to reach the play offs, big difference.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2017, 08:01:30 AM »
We won, but it was a dire game brought together by two dire managers, a side forced on our manager but still he see's nothing wrong or if he does only he can put right, God help us.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2017, 08:42:57 AM »
A crucial win in a game I would class as a six pointer.

We have a run of three home games against relegation threatened Barnsley, Burton and Blues coming up. Nine points out of nine from those would be massive for us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:47:48 AM by Damo70 »

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
If we had lost yesterday then this thread would have been full of posts arguing that injuries are no excuse and it is up to the manager to use the squad. When we do just that the response is that it was forced on him with the implication being that if we had played a different 11 then we would certainly have lost.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
Is it my imagination, or was Pulis actually nice about us after the game?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
It won’t last.  Soon he will forget where he is and start talking about ‘a club not too far from here not even being in the Premier League.’

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2017, 10:26:07 AM »
Fairs fair he was quite complimentary about the club and Bruce. On the debate about whether this site is representative of the mood of the fans I'd say yes. I was out for a few beers on Friday night with a group of lads who I rarely see until Xmas. Six are Villa and to a man the conversation followed pretty much the same line as what gets said on here. One of the guys spent all day recently at some event and was with Sid and Tony Morley. They were both saying that the biggest problem is the players bought in from smaller clubs- Hourihane/ Hogan etc struggled big time due to coming from a club with low expectations and your the star player to a club with ambitions to rule the world! (well the owner anyway)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »
If we had lost yesterday then this thread would have been full of posts arguing that injuries are no excuse and it is up to the manager to use the squad. When we do just that the response is that it was forced on him with the implication being that if we had played a different 11 then we would certainly have lost.

But he doesn't help himself by admitting that he didn't think playing Elphick twice in three days was a good idea and would have had the clearly unsuited Jedinak there again had it not been for Whelan consuming too much Guinness and pigs in blankets over Christmas.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »

Probably a mate of Bruce. Now he isn't with the Baggies the "rivalry" with him no longer exists

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2017, 12:06:38 PM »
Good scenes when the goal went in. The bloke in orange and yellow hugging the errant fan.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
Good scenes when the goal went in. The bloke in orange and yellow hugging the errant fan.

Indeed, but I wonder what happened to the exuberant 'hooligan' who ran on the pitch? He'll probably end up with a banning order.  ::)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2017, 02:04:47 PM »
I'm pleased with the three points it was well needed.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »
I've been moaning all season about the lack of quality crosses seen into the box and what  happens we get 2 in 2 games, long may it continue, starting with tomorrow.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »
Wolves were nearly relegated last season spent a lot appointed a decent manager play attractive football and are pissing this division, we spent a lot appointed a mediocre manager play shit football and will struggle to reach the play offs, big difference.

Wolves success can be put down more to the involvement of Super Agent Jorge Mendes than anything else , but it is widely recognised, that, if and when Wolves go up  there will clear ­conflicts of interest to address regarding the involvement of Mendes and, quite likely significant hurdles to overcome with respect to FFP. Don´t forget thay have spent heavily over the past 2 seasons and will certainly make a  loss this season.
Like QPR & Watford before them, Wolves are playing the ´loan now...pay later´game and gambling everything on an immediate return to the Premiership. But, what would happen if they ( like us ) had a significant run of injuries to a number of key players ?....what would happen if Mendes decided to take his ´bandwagon´elsewhere ?, he is , after all a ´Football Agent´, a title that is hardly synonymous with trustworthiness & integrity..............I have feeling that our ´Villa ´is being built on stronger foundations, albeit rather ponderously.....................Godzvilla!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal