collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to Rebuild?  (Read 21509 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Time to Rebuild?
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
We're currently up the creek without a paddle .........it's all very well having wealthy owners but if they don't have a handle on things ( ie our current poor form/squad) we are in real danger of becoming embroiled in a battle to stay up never mind get promoted  - 1 point gained against the bottom 2  tells it's own story ....I hope appointments are made soon otherwise we are screwed

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2018, 06:24:19 PM »
We're currently up the creek without a paddle .........it's all very well having wealthy owners but if they don't have a handle on things ( ie our current poor form/squad) we are in real danger of becoming embroiled in a battle to stay up never mind get promoted  - 1 point gained against the bottom 2  tells it's own story ....I hope appointments are made soon otherwise we are screwed

I’m not really sure what you want from the new owners at the moment. They rightly got rid of Bruce and there’s not much they can do until January to clear up the mess he left. We’re not getting relegated, there’s much worse in the league than us. Obviously the new manager will be a statement of intent but we’ll all have to give him until the end of next season before we even begin to go all Krakatoa on him

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »
Definitely time to rebuild.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:10 PM »
We need some new defenders and a keeper, that's clear to me.

I do think if we could actually get a front 3 of Adomah-Abraham-Bolaise from the actual start for at least two games that would be a dangerous combination at this level. Also would have Kodjia in the mix.

Reality is we're not going to be keeping many clean sheets between now and January so Dean needs to find a combination that is capable of getting us two goals a game on a regular basis.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2018, 10:24:04 PM »
Definitely time to rebuild.

Saw a stat earlier that we're the 3rd oldest team in the league this season. That's a big part of the problem. We need to get 2-3 of the kids involved to give us a bit more energy, andthen to not write them off as shit after 1 game.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2018, 10:30:15 PM »
Two full backs that can get up and down the pitch would be a huge step in changing our attacking style, Which at the minute is very predictable,  Taylor and Hutton haven't got the energy levels or discipline for that role.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »
Just a wild thought what about Bolasie as an attacking left back?!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:56 PM »
Hutton, Whelan and Jedinak are out of contract next summer, wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of them move on in Jan.

There are a host of other players with solid reputations in this division but dont seem a good fit for the football Dean Smith likes to play.

The 2 x Mendes loans, El Ghazi and Moreira, have been a disaster.

Bruce's vanity signing, Bolasie, cant even make our squad.

Bruce's long scouted signings, Hogan and Nyland, are doomed to be honest.

Hint of a revolution in the air coming in January, like Bruce's first transfer window.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2018, 10:44:43 PM »
Just a wild thought what about Bolasie as an attacking left back?!

Time for bed Kippax!!

Might be better to stick Elmo in at right back instead of Hutton though.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2018, 10:52:16 PM »
I thought Elmo was excellent on Saturday, but I must admit I was constantly surprised to see him popping up at the edge of the area taking potshots. For his handful of assists I'm not sure I like the idea of him being the third tine in a 4-3-3.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2018, 11:08:30 PM »
Two full backs that can get up and down the pitch would be a huge step in changing our attacking style, Which at the minute is very predictable,  Taylor and Hutton haven't got the energy levels or discipline for that role.

The other issue being that they are quite bad at football

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:13 PM »
Players such as O'Hare should be given a run before Hogan, we seem to have a few youngsters that have been around forever, give some of them a go at least we will see if they are worth keeping.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »
What's happened to Hepburn-Murphy?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2018, 11:58:04 PM »
of course its time to rebuild. this is the moyes/allardyce/bruce vs smith equation. quick fix versus something based on a solid foundation. I'm not sure Smith would want half the players we have got currently in the squad so you have to give him time. If you want him to get an immediate tune out of some of the players we have, then i'm afraid you may be disappointed and you probably should have voted moyes/allardyce in the next manager poll.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2018, 05:30:09 AM »
We need the essentials in January simply to stay in the league - and I'm not exaggerating. By Saturday we could easily be bottom six

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal